Continuing Citicards Problem

jeyges
jeyges Quicken Mac Subscription Member ✭✭

Quicken declared this issue resolved several days ago, and the interface did work for a few days - but now it's malfunctioning again. I can run an update, but no Citibank data actually downloads. I tried reauthorizing the connection; first time I got the 404 error message, second time it seemed to work but again, I can't download any data.

How is this considered acceptable? When you went to the subscription model, the arrangement was that we'd pay annually an amount equivalent to what we used to pay every few years, and you'd upgrade the product more frequently and be on top of technical issues. You've succeeded in the former, but failed miserably in the latter.

Do we get a credit for the days the system is down?

And I don't want to hear that it's Citibank's fault. That isn't our problem. For $48-$132 per year, it's supposed to be your problem.

Addendum: I want to emphasize that this is NOT a third party-branded Citi card (Sears, Home Depot, etc.). This is a Citibank-branded Mastercard.

Tagged:

Comments

• rpixley
    rpixley Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Adding to the Jegyes' comment, my Home Depot Card doesn't state whether it is a Citibank-Mastercard or Citibank-VISA card. It does state Citibank issued it.

I have the same problem with the Citibank-Best Buy card, which states it is a "VISA" card.

When calling the customer service numbers on either card (Citibank, Home Depot, Best Buy), the representatives are clueless about what Quicken is and does. Why would a company that issues credit cards in order to sell their product and services not know about Quicken and its competitors including why customers use it to manage their finances?

When trying to resolve this issue, does Intuit find they are just as clueless as I do?

• Tom Young
    Tom Young Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

@rpixley

The Home Depot credit card is a "store" credit card that can only be used at HD, so it's not VISA and it's not MasterCard. Depending on the "flavor" of your particular card (HD has several versions of their credit card) you'd need to select the correct "Financial Institution":

My guess would be that the first one on the list is probably the one to use.