Charles Schwab one step update CC-800 error

ekean45
ekean45 Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Several days ago, when doing a one-step update, I am getting a CC-800 error for my Charles Schwab accounts. I have about 12 different accounts with Schwab and have not made any changes to the accounts or within Quicken. The message notes “It appears one or more accounts at Schwab have been deleted.” – I have not deleted any accounts.

I’ve had this issue before and have always been able to repair it. For some reason, I cannot do it this time.

I download from several financial institutions and not having any issues with them.

When I choose Fix-It, it goes through the process including “We need consent to access” and to authorize accounts, which I go through with no issues. It completes the process and then gives me the “Success!” message that it has been fixed. However, when I do another one-step update, I go through the same issues.

I’ve done the following but still not fixing the issue.

• Deactivate/reactivate via the “Fix-It” process
  • Manually went to all of the accounts, deactivated online access, removed the Schwab account name and account numbers in the General tab under account details, then set up the online access again and relinked the accounts at Schwab to Quicken. This has fixed the issues when I’ve gotten this message in the past.
  • File validation
  • Uninstalled and then reinstalled the Quicken
  • I've checked my profile in Schwab and they are set to allow 3rd party access to Quicken

I also created a brand new Quicken file and then setup online access for quicken. This works and adds the accounts for the new file. However, I do not want to do this in my Quicken file because of all of the transfers that I have with other accounts. This would scramble all of my accounts where the previous transfers were and the balances would be way off. This leads me to believe that it is not something on Schwab’s side.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

"Manually went to all of the accounts, deactivated online access, removed the Schwab account name and account numbers in the General tab under account details, then set up the online access again and relinked the accounts at Schwab to Quicken. This has fixed the issues when I’ve gotten this message in the past."

When relinking did you do Tools > Add Account at the start of the process, or simply go into one of the Accounts and try "Set up Now…?" This FAQ on that CC-800 error

https://www.quicken.com/support/error-message-when-updating-accounts-cc-800/

for whatever reason does specify the "Add Account" process, for whatever reason.

• ekean45
    ekean45 Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Start of the process.

I completely deactivated Schwab from each of my Schwab accounts in Quicken. Then went in to the General tab and deleted where it notes the Financial Institution and the account numbers as follows:

I do this for all of the Schwab accounts.

Then I go to the Online Services tab and set up services and start with Charles Schwab. Go through the process and then when my accounts show from the Schwab side, I link them to the respective existing account.

• gorvo
    gorvo Quicken Windows 2017 Member

I am having the same problem. Is Quicken working on this?

• gorvo
    gorvo Quicken Windows 2017 Member

I did exactly as told and nothing. Very, very frustrating. When i called support they said it is a known issue, but no estimated fate for a fix.