Quicken 2015 won't accept password

ron467
ron467 Quicken Windows Other Member ✭✭✭

Tried to log into Quicken 2015 R17.4 (build 24.1.17.4) data file on Win 10 PC today but it won't accept my password. Clicked Forgot Password and it asks some questions.

It wants dollar amounts for transactions in an old business credit account from 1994 and from 2001. There's no way I can possibly get that info. Haven't had that card since 2001, and the company went out of business in 2004.

Tried to restore a backup which I made yesterday, and it asks for the password, which should be same as my "current" account but it won't accept the password.

Ran a couple of malware scans but all were negative.

If I uninstall and reinstall Quicken 2015, will I be able to import my "current" file or is the ball game over..?

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

QWin 2015 was an Intuit product. Intuit later sold Quicken and the Intuit servers were shut down so you cannot sign into it. QWin 2015 has not been a supported product for about 6 yrs so the current Quicken Inc. will not help (and probably cannot help) you on this matter. That "Forgot Password" is a link to Intuit servers that no longer exist and since Quicken Inc. only provides assistance for that with supported Quicken products.

Of course, you can try calling Quicken Support and ask them directly, if you wish. If you wish to contact Quicken Support make sure you contact them only via the contact information found on the Quicken website: https://www.quicken.com/support/ (scroll down to near the bottom of the page to see the Contact information).

Even if you can find some way to get your QWin 2015 to accept your login, you will run into another issue. A couple of years ago there was a change made in how Quicken interfaces with your online account and that change is not compatible with QWin 2014-QWin 2017. If you have the working Quicken.ini file from before you had this issue, then you can try to copy and paste it over your current QWin 2015 Quicken.ini file. Some people have said that works but others have said it does not and all they get is a white screen. But unless you can get logged into your QWin 2015 then this isn't even remotely an option. Here is a thread that provides more information about this Quicken.ini white screen issue: Quicken 2017 on my new computer.

I think your best bet would be to buy a subscription to the current Quicken Classic. You would be a new subscriber so you might be able to get a nice discount on it from either Quicken.com or from some reputable retailer (such as, Walmart, Amazon, NewEgg, Office Depot, Best Buy, etc.). It will be able to convert your QWin 2015 data file and hopefully you will be able to get around that login issue. If not, then perhaps Quicken Support can assist you on that issue since you will then have an active subscription. If after buying/installing Quicken Classic you still cannot open and use your QWin 2015 data file, you have 30 days from the date of the subscription purchase to get a no-questions-asked full refund.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R59.10 on Windows 11