Investment Misc Expense Items do not post to an Expense Category

JSJones
JSJones Quicken Windows Subscription Member
edited 5:45AM in Investments

When you post a Misc Expense Item directly into an Investment Account using Misc Expense, then selecting the drop category down box for Foreign Taxes Paid or Investment Fees - these do not get posted to an Expense Category and will not show up on an Expense Report. Currently, these items get posted to the Investment Account and also to the Cash account associated with that Investment Account. Help desk said to change the Advanced settings to Include Transfers. This does not work either - example a transfer from Checking to Savings is not a legitimate expense. The Foreign Taxes and Investment Fees MUST be posted directly into the Investment CASH ACCOUNT in order to show up on the Expense Summary reports. This also applies to Miscellaneous Income items posted directly into the Investment Account - these will not show up on the Income Summary if posted into the Investment Account. Both of these items must be posted directly into the cash account.

1 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Which report are you running?

I don't see built-in Categories for foreign taxes paid or investment fees. Are these Categories that you created?

I entered a MiscExp for Taxes:Other and I see it in the Itemized Categories and Spending by Category reports.

The Income and Expense by Category report does not include investing accounts by default, so that might explain why you are not seeing these payments.

Also if you are looking at the Spending tab, for some reason that does not include MiscExp transactions. See this discussion

QWin Premier subscription