FAQ: Bill reminder for Investment transactions

Options
Unknown
Unknown Member
edited July 2018 in FAQ'S (Windows)
Money allows you to setup bill reminders for investment transactions.  For instance we invest money into our kids 529 accounts every month.  In Money I could set up that recurring transaction so that all I had to do was go in and put in the actual number of shares purchased each month and then enter the transaction.  It saved me a little time creating the transaction each month and also reminded me to enter it each month.  Does Quicken allow something like this?

Comments

• Howard Roark
    Howard Roark Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Yes, Quicken has something like that.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2019
    Options

Could you tell me how to access it?  I'm playing around with Quicken Premier 2009 right now and don't see that option.  The options I see are Bill, Income, Paycheck, and Transfer.  I thought maybe transfer would work, but it doesn't let you enter and stock or mutual fund information.

• Howard Roark
    Howard Roark Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    "Could you tell me how to access it? I'm playing around with Quicken Premier 2009 right now and don't see that option."

Sorry, it wasn't clear whether you already had Quicken, or were just doing a little shopping.

Basically you first need to "memorize" the appropriate investment transactions. RIght-click the transaction in the investment account Transaction List, and create a memorized investment transaction.

Then you need to create a Scheduled Transaction "Group". The new (Q2009) way to do that is to click Investing > Investing Activities > Create Scheduled Transaction Group.

Once there, you should be able to select which memorized investment transactions you want in the Group (you could have just one).

The result is a Scheduled Transaction more-or-less like other scheduled transactions, except it can create multiple transactions at once, and can enter them in investment accounts.

The Scheduled Transaction Groups are going thru some sort of transformation, and I think there are still some glitches in the process.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2019
    Options

Thanks.  I can't figure out how to mark this question as solved, but I appreciate the detailed answer.

This discussion has been closed.