FAQ: How to Handle Pop Up Warning "The Transaction is a Deposit, and Cannot be Printed as a Check"?

Options
mshiggins
mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2018 in FAQ'S (Windows)
“The transaction is a Deposit, and cannot be printed as a check. To print the item as a check, please change the transaction as a Payment.”.

I get this message when I try to make a deposit into my savings. How can I get past this message and enter my deposit?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Options
    That message likely means you have a memorized payee with a Type value of Chk for that payee.
    -

-
    You either need to delete or edit the memorized payee or remove the Print value from the Check # column as you are entering the deposit transaction. It will be easier to see this if you turn on the display of the Check # column in your savings account.

Here is what the memorized payee would look like for a payee "My Deposit" with a Type value of Chk.
    -

-
    You can delete the memorized payee or edit the memorized payee to remove the Chk value for the Type.

To turn on the Check # column in your savings account, click the register columns gear at the upper right of the account register, place a checkmark in the Check # column, then click Done.
    -

-

-
    Then when you enter the deposit into your savings account, you will be able to see the Print value in the Check # column that is causing the error message.
    -

-

[edited for restoration of illustrations]

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.