Quicken Mac FAQ: How to convert existing Quicken data to Quicken Mac 2015

Options
Quicken Kathryn
edited July 2018 in FAQ'S (Mac)

How can I convert existing Quicken data to Quicken Mac 2015? What data will convert?

Quicken Kathryn
Community Administrator

Comments

• Quicken Kathryn
    edited March 2021
    Options

Can I convert my current Quicken data file to Quicken Mac 2015?

Yes, you can convert your data to Quicken Mac 2015 if you have Quicken Mac 2007, Quicken Essentials for Mac, or Quicken Windows 2010 (or newer) versions.

What if I have a version of Quicken for Mac or Quicken Windows that is older than the dates above? Can I convert my data to Quicken Mac 2015?

Converting data from versions of Quicken Windows and Quicken Mac older than the versions listed above is not supported.

Will all my information be converted from other Quicken products to Quicken Mac 2015?

If you have Quicken Essentials: all information from Quicken Essentials for Mac will convert to Quicken Mac 2015.

If you have Quicken Mac 2007 or Quicken Windows 2010 and later: with Quicken 2007 and Quicken Windows, your data files will convert to Quicken Mac 2015, with the following inclusions and exceptions:

Data that is converted from your old file to Quicken 2015:
    • Accounts
    • All transactions
    • Scheduled transactions
    • Categories
    • Classes and tags (these are both called "tags" in Quicken 2015)
    Data that is not converted from your old file to Quicken 2015:
    • Online banking download setups (Quicken for Mac and Windows): If you've set up accounts to download data from your financial institutions in to your Quicken for Mac or Quicken for Windows data file, the information about your financial institutions and your user id's will be typically carried over to Quicken 2015 but there may be additional setup required such as adding passwords to make everything work properly.
    • Customer reports: Quicken 2015 will no import any custom reports you created in your old data file.
    • Online banking passwords (Quicken for Mac and Windows): You will have to re-enter your passwords the first time you update your accounts in Quicken 2015.
    • Attachments: Attachments from Quicken for Windows are not imported.
    • Budgets: Budgets are not carried over from Quicken for Mac or Quicken for Windows files.
    • Data from the more advanced features in Quicken for Mac and Windows. For example, the following data is not imported: business data, rental property data, lifetime planner data, cash flow forecast data, budget data, spending plan data, debt reduction data, emergency tax records data, and home inventory manager data.
    A few other notes about what's different from other versions of Quicken:

ESPP and Incentive Stock options will transfer over as a standard holding (without tax-related information such as strike price).

NOTE: If you have Quicken Windows Home & Business, your account data is preserved, but you but you will not get business-specific invoicing data.

If you have Quicken Windows Rental Property Manager, your account data is preserved, but you will not get rental property manager specific features such as tenant list and rent center data.

I’m ready to convert my data!

Great! See the following FAQs for more detailed instructions on converting your specific data file:

Things to do before converting to Quicken Mac 2015 [Unavailable]

Convert from Quicken Mac 2007 to Quicken Mac 2015

Convert from Quicken Essentials for Mac to Quicken Mac 2015

Convert from Quicken Windows (2010 and later) to Quicken Mac 2015
    Quicken Kathryn
    Community Administrator
This discussion has been closed.