FAQ: Turn Off Auto-Reconcile to Reconcile w/Paper Statement

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited March 2020 in FAQ'S (Windows)

When starting to reconcile an account, a popup appears requesting balances. I checked "Always use online balance. Don't ask me again.". That popup no longer appears, but reconcile now uses the paper statement, which always shows 0 balance. How do I recover the original popup so that I can use the online balance.

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2016
    I also get the error when reconciling to online account, when reconcile using online balance is checked
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2016
    To add insult to injury, if I type in the correct amount in the "balance" window, the reconcile produces an adjustment (a fault of earlier balance adjustments). When I choose to make this adjustment, the reconcile window closes, checked items are not reconciled, and the entry for the balance adjustment is $0. So there appears no way to reconcile the account.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2019

I did a chat with one of Quicken's support personnel. The fellow did know his stuff. With his advise and a bit of playing, here is the answer.

1. Close the register

2. Click "Tools" from the menu bar, then "Account List", or simply ctrl-A

3. Find the account and click "Edit"

4. Select the "Online Services" tab.

5. Check "Reconcile using Online Balance" (bottom line). If it is currently checked, uncheck, exit Quicken and start over.

6. Close "accounts". Exit Quicken.

7. Open Quicken and your register. Select "Reconcile" from the Gear icon or ctrl-R. The original balance dialog will probably not appear yet. Close the register.

8. Open "Accounts" and "Edit" your account. Go to the "Online Services" tab and uncheck "Reconcile using Online Balance". Close "Accounts" .

9. Open your account and reconcile. The original balance dialog should now appear.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2019

I want to go back and use the paper statement to reconcile since it appears I am missing some transaction but when I choose this option Quicken warnings it will maybe screw up the balance. My online balance and Quickens balance is way off. Is it possible to remove the "R" and change it back to "C" to make it easier to find missing entries?

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2019

I performed this steps exactly and my issue has been resolved.  Thanks

This discussion has been closed.