Fidelity Investments download for Core account

Options
luyendyk
luyendyk Member ✭✭
edited October 2018 in Investing (Mac)
Quicken for Mac 2016 Version 3.5.1 (Build 35.13166.100) Fidelity posted a FAQ to question "How do I suppress Redemption and Purchase from Core Account seen in Quicken?" The answer are steps for Windows version. I need a translation of how to do this. Fidelity said contact Quicken. The Windows steps are here: https://www.fidelity.com/customer-service/faqs-exporting-account-information.

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Sorry this question has sat unanswered for so long. I'm not a Mac person, so I can't help. But let us know whether you still need an answer or whether you've figured out how to do what you need.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• luyendyk
    luyendyk Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Spoke once again to Fidelity Tech Support. Short answer is Fidelity has figured a solution for Quicken Windows but not Mac. They are not working on a Mac fix. It's up to Quicken to figure this out.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I am not a Mac user either, but I'll toss in some thoughts.

I don't see why this is complicated. As I understood Fido's statement, they are no longer going to report sweeps to a MM fund. Instead they are going to report that as cash holdings. If that is correct, I would be entering one sell transaction for all of the prior sweep MM fund assets turning those into cash. From there, seems to me all future downloads should be fine, raising and lowering that cash balance as applicable with each transaction. It is a system used and recommended by NotACPA in particular, and would seem to be independent of Mac or Win versions. Maybe I am missing something.
  • luyendyk
    luyendyk Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I figured out how to do this using QM2107.  It is a similar solution to that posted on Fidelity FAQ for Windows.

The first step is to delete all your "shares" in the Core Holding in Quicken - those that are holding the cash. Next step is to reconcile against the online balance in Quicken. Reconciling a brokerage account tracks cash. An adjustment is calculated that will match the cash position in the account. Accept the adjustment and you are up to date! 
This discussion has been closed.