Disconnect with an investing account total in the register and account window and the the account un

George Nebeling
George Nebeling Member ✭✭
edited November 2018 in Investing (Windows)
Why is there a disconnect with an investing account total in the register and account window which has the wrong total and the the account under the investing tab which has the correct total?  I have run validate and it is clean but did not fix the problem.  I have windows Quicken 2017 Deluxe

Comments

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    You might have to track it down by security.  If the number of shares is right you might have a price dated in the future or a wrong price listed for the current date. Edit the price history to check. Or even a transaction dated in the future.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• George Nebeling
    edited January 2017
    volvogirl said:

You might have to track it down by security.  If the number of shares is right you might have a price dated in the future or a wrong price listed for the current date. Edit the price history to check. Or even a transaction dated in the future.

I audited price and shares to my bank listing and they are all correct and the same.  That is how I know the account and securities data in the Investing Tab is correct.  It is the account total value in the left account window that is wrong.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    By account window I assume you mean the account summary at the side of the screen. The summary does not include any cash balance in the account 
    QWin Premier subscription
  • George Nebeling
    edited January 2017

By account window I assume you mean the account summary at the side of the screen. The summary does not include any cash balance in the account 

Yes I do mean the account summary.  However, perhaps I have set mine up differently because if I subtract my cash balance in the account, the difference is exacerbated
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017

If you folks are referring to the Account Bar - the list of accounts typically docked on the left side of the Quicken screen - the amount shown for each account can be either current value or ending value.

Right clicking on the Account Bar will open a context menu that will show a checkbox by the selected amount. Ensure the Account Bar is set to show the current date amount as that is what the Investing tab will default to.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• George Nebeling
    edited January 2017

Thanks it is
  • Jim_Harman
    edited January 2017

Sorry, I had it backwards. The Account Bar (thanks for the clarification, mshiggins) includes cash in the account. The Investing/Portfolio/Holdings view does not include cash, even if No Security (includes Cash) is checked in Customize.
  • Jim_Harman
    edited January 2017

To clarify further, it is the total at the bottom of the Holdings view that does not include cash if you group by Security. I am running QW Premier 2017 but this has been the case for several years IIRC.

To further complicate matters, if you have a balance in a linked checking account, that cash is included in the totals for the Banking section of Account bar, as I suppose you would expect.   
This discussion has been closed.