How do I add a mutual fund if it's not in your list of banks?

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited October 2018 in Investing (Mac)

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Are you trying to add a Fund (which would be a security held inside of a  Q investment account) OR are you trying to create such an investment account?

Also, which fund or fund company?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Trying create investment account.  2 of my mutual funds, Dodge and Cox and Akre Funds are not listed.  The others that were listed were no problem.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Mike said:

Trying create investment account.  2 of my mutual funds, Dodge and Cox and Akre Funds are not listed.  The others that were listed were no problem.

Dodge and Cox isn't available in the list of Fund Companies because they, Dodge and Cox, haven't signed a contract with Quicken to become a "Participating Financial Institutions".  Same for Akre Funds.   Q can't add them until they sign the contract.

SO, there's only a couple of things that you can do:
    1) Complain to the respective fund companies,
    2) Change fund companies,
    3) Setup the accounts as completely manual via the "Advanced Setup" link at the bottom of the "Add Brokerage Account" dialog.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2017
    Mike said:

I don't see "Advanced Setup" at the bottom of "Add Brokerage Account" There is an options button that lets you setup an account but how would I manually add things like stock symbol.  I am using Quicken for Mac 2017
  • John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited June 2018
    Mike said:

Go to add an Investment account. When you are in the bank list, don't even bother searching for one-click on Options and you will see the Manual radio button. Choose that. This will create a blank investment account.

Before you starting entering buy (or add shares) transactions, go to Window:Securities to show the security list. You can manually add your securities there (and download price history if possible). If you can't download the quotes, you can still manually enter prices in this same Securities list.

Then, you should be able to enter to add your various transactions adding in the securities.
This discussion has been closed.