Alphabet Inc. (GOOG) Price Not Updateing

MB
MB Member ✭✭
edited November 2018 in Investing (Windows)
Using Quicken Premier 2017.
Alphabet Inc. (GOOG) stock price does not update when I run One Step Update.
Prices of all other securities update (stocks, ETFs, mutual funds) but GOOG does not.

Also does not update if I run Update Quotes or Update Historical Prices

Yes, I have the box next to "Matched with online security" checked and when I "Look Up...." the system Quicken recognizes Alphabet Inc. as "GOOG" .

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Works for me when I add it as a new security at 10:25 PM Eastern - Closing price 2/7 is $806.97 and it grabs the historical prices since 10/7/16

Confusion/conflict with the other Alphabet GOOGL maybe?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • MB
    MB Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017

Works for me when I add it as a new security at 10:25 PM Eastern - Closing price 2/7 is $806.97 and it grabs the historical prices since 10/7/16

No issue with GOOG vs. GOOGL.  I understand the difference and know which is which.

RESOLVED (I think). 
    In the Security List I noticed the "Download Quotes" box was unchecked.
    After checking the box historical prices were downloaded.
    I will find out tomorrow if daily price and Hi/Lo are downloaded.

However, in the process I unchecked the "Matched with online security" box.  Now it is grey'd out and I cannot recheck it.  How do I get Quicken to match it to the on-line security?  Or was that part of my problem?
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017

Now it is grey'd out and I cannot recheck it.  How do I get Quicken to match it to the on-line security?  Or was that part of my problem?
    No it was not part of your problem.  Next time you download from your brokerage (assuming you own GOOG) you'll get the opportunity to rematch.  OR, you can go to Tools / Online Center, select the proper financial institution, click the Holdings tab, and then Compare to Portfolio.  As Quicken compares your holdings to the downloaded data from that FI, you'll get the chance to rematch between the downloaded securities and the Quicken list of securities.

Downloaded quotes come from two basis sources - the Download Quotes selection via Quicken's contracted servers and info, and your brokerage when you download transactions.  Your issue was with the first.  
  • MB
    MB Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017

Quotes now downloading properly. 
    Thank you q.lurker!  The Tools/Online Center/Holding/ Compare to Portfolio worked.
    And thanks for the explanation of what my problem was in the first place.
This discussion has been closed.