Money market sweep transactions do not download QM2017

Lyn Buddenhagen
Lyn Buddenhagen Member ✭✭
edited October 2018 in Investing (Mac)
Using QM2017, v 4.4.3. I am downloading from Fidelity and from Merrill Lynch. In both cases the money market fund sweep transactions (buying MMF after cash is received, etc) do not download. The Fidelity MMF is a publicly traded fund; the Merrill Lynch ones are not - so that's not a factor. The monthly dividends, however, ARE downloaded. It really does sound like a Quicken problem and not the individual brokerages. Thanks.

Comments

• Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2017
    WFA just introduced MM funds in their accounts. Thought it was going to be an issue but it downloaded correctly. Check for placeholders in the account transaction registers; they seem to be the issue most of the time.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2018
    In the case of Fidelity, they don't show the transfers in and out of the core account. That's just fine with me. The core account values are simply shown as cash in the account in Quicken. I know that this amount is actually invested in a core MMF, but I don't need to show it as a security owned in Quicken. Having it shown as cash value is fine, and reduces the number of transactions in the register. Since the share price of the core account is always $1, then $1 cash always equals 1 share of the MMF. 

I will say, however, that I do occasionally receive a random buy or sell of the core account. Just once in a blue moon. Not sure why this happens, but I just delete those transactions when they do download.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2017
    RickO said:

In the case of Fidelity, they don't show the transfers in and out of the core account. That's just fine with me. The core account values are simply shown as cash in the account in Quicken. I know that this amount is actually invested in a core MMF, but I don't need to show it as a security owned in Quicken. Having it shown as cash value is fine, and reduces the number of transactions in the register. Since the share price of the core account is always $1, then $1 cash always equals 1 share of the MMF. 

I will say, however, that I do occasionally receive a random buy or sell of the core account. Just once in a blue moon. Not sure why this happens, but I just delete those transactions when they do download.

That is how WFA. Had it until recently, now have mm tax free in the accounts seems to have gone well, no issues
  • Lyn Buddenhagen
    edited March 2017
    RickO said:

WFA? Wi-Fi Alliance? Wanted For Arrest? Wilderness First Aid? Googling it did not help me understand your comment, sorry.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    RickO said:

Probably, Wells Fargo Advisors

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2017
    RickO said:

Bingo on that! Wells fargo Advisors
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Even though I, technically, hold a cash position in a MMF in several of my accounts ... I have never understood the benefit of recording the security transactions in and out of such MMF.

Instead, I just reflect the cash as cash ... and everything works just fine.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Lyn Buddenhagen
    edited March 2017

Even though I, technically, hold a cash position in a MMF in several of my accounts ... I have never understood the benefit of recording the security transactions in and out of such MMF.

Instead, I just reflect the cash as cash ... and everything works just fine.

Yes, it would be an okay workaround for almost everything. But, my Merrill Lynch CMA account is so antiquated that it only buys money market funds in whole dollars. It does help to have the money market balance and the cash balance separate. I suppose not the most important thing we want the Quicken people to work on.....thanks to all.
This discussion has been closed.