Problem with IRA. How to show sold mutual fund shares in my bank accounts listing? Quicken Windows

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited October 2018 in Investing (Windows)
I have an IRA mutual fund. I have sold some shares but cannot get the proceeds to go to my bank account listing using soldx. Quicken DeLuxe 2104.   Sold appears on drop down but not soldx.

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    There's no SoldX action per se.  In the Sale transaction dialog, you specify where you want the cash to go in the lower left corner of the dialog.  See the graphic.  Any monies routed to another account will be recorded as a SoldX.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    I got to the menu above by entering the transaction as sold and clicking edit .  Then the menu above popped up.  When I designated the bank account the transaction was recorded as soldx.  Previously on other accounts Quicken remembered that I wanted the proceeds to go to a bank account and did not move the proceeds to "cash."    Instead the drop down menu included soldx.
    Thank you for your help.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017

I got to the menu above by entering the transaction as sold and clicking edit .  Then the menu above popped up.  When I designated the bank account the transaction was recorded as soldx.  Previously on other accounts Quicken remembered that I wanted the proceeds to go to a bank account and did not move the proceeds to "cash."    Instead the drop down menu included soldx.
    Thank you for your help.

By any chance was that "other account" a brokerage account with a "Linked Checking account" enabled?  In which case, the cash would automatically go to the LCA.

In any other investment account, you need to specify where the cash is to go.  Been that way for as long as I can remember, and I've used Q for 25+ years.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2017

Thank you for your help.

It probably was, but I do not remember how it got set up.  And now with the most recent account, I do not know how to do the "linked checking account."  
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017

Thank you for your help.

Linked cash accounts can only be created for Q's brokerage type accounts.  They can't be created for IRA/401k or other retirement type accounts.

For a brokerage type account, click on TOOLS, Account List and then click the EDIT button across from the account's name.  There's a radio button for "Show cash in a checking account".

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2017

Thank you for your help.

Thank you.  
This discussion has been closed.