All My ETFs Have a Blank Return % YTD?

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited November 2018 in Investing (Windows)
I hold several ETFs.  Every one of them shows a blank in the "Return (%) YTD column."  Their quotes download correctly and everything else looks right.  My other holdings show a return in the column, just not the ETFs.  Why is this?

Quicken Home and Business 2017 (but it also behaved this way in 2016).

Comments

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    A long-ago discussion on this topic.  I seem to recall ETFs being more problematic in this regard (missing such data).
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2017
    Yeah, I saw this.  But similar to that OP's situation I have held the shares longer than the beginning of the year.  And I don't see anything about the problem being specific to ETFs,which seems to be the case for me.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    I have the same problem.  I have contacted Quicken several times but their support staff don't even know what an ETF is and just give me the run around.  Quicken please let people know if this is an issue and if so, what your status is on working to resolve this especially since ETF are getting more popular each year.  If anyone has figured this out, please let me know.  Thanks
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    The Return % numbers are downloaded with the Quote info, not based on your personal performance, and the data may be missing for some securities.

For your personal performance, see the Avg. Annual Return (%) data in the Investing Portforlio views, or the Investment Performance report.

Note that for ETFs and other securities where the share price varies, the average annual return data is not generally meaningful for periods of less than one year. For a more realistic view of recent performance, set the date range in the Investment Performance report to Yearly/Current year rather than the default YTD.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Jim_Harman
    edited November 2018
    For an extensive discussion of the ins and outs of performance tracking, see here:
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/tracking-and-reporting-investments-with-dividend...
  • jaycastell
    jaycastell Member
    Well here it is March 2019 and the ETF problem persists. I find it very frustrating not to know the YTD, 1-yr, 3-yr, and 5-yr performance of all the ETFs in my portfolio. I'm tired of seeing "N/A". The world is moving away from mutual funds, Quicken people. When will your customers' needs for easy performance data be met? Or at least let us fill in the ETF performance data if you won't.
  • Jim_Harman
    edited March 2019
    @jaycastell,

Are you interested in your personal return, based on when you bought and sold the ETFs, or on the published performance?  Adding the Return (%) data to the Quote feed for ETFs will only fix the latter.