RAVA that is in my IRA did not import.

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited October 2018 in Investing (Mac)
Just installed Q for Mac 2017. The River Source Annuity RAVA that is in my IRA did not import. Not sure how to get it in Quicken. Can anyone assist? Thanks

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Kathryn, "did not import" from what/where?  Did you upgrade to QM2017 from an earlier QMac product, where RAVA was recorded?  Or is RAVA not being downloaded from RAVA's website?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Tried to import from my Ameriprise Brokerage Accounts.  This is a new install of QM2017 two days ago.  Rava account is in my Ameriprise IRA.  All other Ameriprise accounts imported correctly, the RAVA was the was the only one that did not.  All other accounts have been updating.  
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017

Tried to import from my Ameriprise Brokerage Accounts.  This is a new install of QM2017 two days ago.  Rava account is in my Ameriprise IRA.  All other Ameriprise accounts imported correctly, the RAVA was the was the only one that did not.  All other accounts have been updating.  

Terminology clarification needed.  Is Rava a security in your IRA account at Ameriprise (and in Q).  OR, is Rava an account at Ameriprise and in Q?

Q data files hold accounts.  Accounts hold money/securities/assets/debts.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2017

Rava is a security in my IRA account at Ameriprise and in Q.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2017

Since annuities are not actual securities and do not have share prices, they have unit prices instead.

I have found that trying to download annuities into Quicken, either Mac or Windows, is fruitless.  Just can't be done.

I have set up my annuities with a "fake" security name, manually enter the transactions and manually enter the price per unit. 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2017

Sorry,  RAVA is not in Q yet but the other holdings in my IRA are.  When I performed the initial import  for this account it did not import.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017

It sounds like you didn't add any securities to your QMac ... but rather just let the download create them.  Is that correct?

If so, you might try explicitly adding Rava to your security list, and trying the download again.  Take a backup before you try this ... because there's a possibility of a lot of duplicate transactions.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2017

I will try that.  Since the RAVA is invested in a fund which I believe I can track as a separate account.  I will do this manually.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.