Cannot Manully Enter SoldX 401K Transactions to be Conisitent with Downloaded Ones

Options
Unknown
Unknown Member
edited April 2017 in Investing (Windows)
My downloaded 401K transactions for shares sold to pay fees are entered as SoldX and the Record Proceeds To is set to 401(k) 10010.  I am now entering some earlier transactions manually. I set it up so that it looks identical to a downloaded transaction, except I don't have a Security Name selected.  As soon as I select a Security Name, the Record Proceeds changes to "To this account's cash balance" and the selection dims out.  Saving the transaction it is recorded as Sold instead of SoldX.  
Any ideas why the inconsistency and how to fix it?  Thanks

UPDATE: I can use some funds and it work and other funds and it not work.  Using a fund that works, saving the transaction causes it to be the desired SoldX.  I can then edit in the register view to use the desired fund and it will then stay SoldX.  BTW, Is there some way to see a summary of all these fees?

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    In the Security List (Tools | Security List), what security type are the problem funds?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Can you not use TWO transactions then?  The SELL transaction to create cash in the 401K investment account and then a Misc Expense transaction using that cash to account for the fees or as a transfer to another account?

And you can use a category with the Misc Expense transaction...therefore keeping the fees nice and tidy.  
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    mshiggins said:

In the Security List (Tools | Security List), what security type are the problem funds?

Thanks mshiggins, but I think(?) the problem has been fixed.  I turned on Show Hidden Transactions in the register preferences.  Between the downloaded transactions that started a couple months ago and the earlier transactions that I have been manually entering there were Placeholder Entries.  Since I intend to manually enter the transactions from my old quicken file (too bad you can't use QIF to transfer), I set the date on the Placeholders to 1/1/1996 and then ran Validate & Repair with the Validate file and Rebuilt investing lots options selected.  The placeholders completely disappeared and now I can enter the SoldX on all my funds.  Scares me that a file that has only been in use for a few months has already corrupted.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    gmalis1 said:

Can you not use TWO transactions then?  The SELL transaction to create cash in the 401K investment account and then a Misc Expense transaction using that cash to account for the fees or as a transfer to another account?

And you can use a category with the Misc Expense transaction...therefore keeping the fees nice and tidy.  

Thanks gmalis1, I guess I will have to modify downloaded transactions.  Was hoping that SoldX transactions would show up in a composite list since they don't affect cash balance nor any fund balance.  It's like a black hole into which things disappear never to appear again.
This discussion has been closed.