how do i update a manual security value that I cant download on quicken 2017 bussiness and rental

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited October 2018 in Investing (Windows)
I have an old 401k that cant be downloaded and I cant get it to let me update manually from one transaction from 2012. please help! I use 2017  Rental Property Manager

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Click TOOLS, Security List (or it's CTRL-Y shortcut), click on the security name, click Update and click Edit Price History.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2017

Click TOOLS, Security List (or it's CTRL-Y shortcut), click on the security name, click Update and click Edit Price History.

When I did that it made my account worth more than the correct balance. I tried many times before I asked this question. Thank you for your help, it is probably something I am entering wrong. I will try again.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017

The worth of an account is determined by 2 things:
    1) the number of shares/units of each security held in the account, and
    2) the value of each of those shares/units.

You only asked about inputting the values manually ... so that was all that I answered.

You'll need to gather up your statements on the account and review the number of shares/units of each security to determine the problem.

If needed, you can also delete erroneous (or future-dated) prices via the method that I previously provided.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.