QWin 2017 Premier (R12): missing quotes - 7/3/2017

Options
splasher
splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2018 in Investing (Windows)
When I updated stock quotes on 7/3, five stocks (QCOM, FAST, CDK, ADP & CSX) downloaded $0 for the price and only a high, no low for 7/3.

This AM, I restored to prior to the quote download and if I download historical prices, those same 5 stocks do not download correctly.  In fact, they use the 6/30 price only (no high or low) for the 7/3 price.

All my other stocks downloaded correctly, just these 5 (of my stocks) have the problem.

QW2016-R12 Premier -- Win7

[added] 
BTW, this error gives you near heart failure because it causes the daily loss to be 100% for those stocks, it looked like the worst day ever for the market.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
- Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
-Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

Comments

• John M
    John M Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I had the exact same problem with six stock quotes. I also had a number of securities that had historical prices of $0 in the future.  Date was 1/18/2038!!! 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Who wants to wager that Quicken is transitioning it's securities servers again?

This happens periodically and is a major pain.  
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    gmalis1 said:

Who wants to wager that Quicken is transitioning it's securities servers again?

This happens periodically and is a major pain.  

Wouldn't that cause an all or nothing issue?  It is hit & miss for me, about 10% being $0.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• J_Mike
    J_Mike SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I'd wager that this is the source of the problem;
    http://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/03/nasdaq-data-glitch-google-yahoo-display-incorrect-stock-market-prices...

Somebody left work early for the holiday :<~
    QWin & QMac (Deluxe) Subscription
    Quicken user since 1991

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Personally I lucked out and none of my securities were hit.  Yesterday was a special half day, most likely the problem won't happen again.
  • miklk
    miklk SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited July 2017
    Options
    It looks like it was a widespread problem from the providers but either way, it appears fixed as of yesterday afternoon.
This discussion has been closed.