QWin: Posted stock dividends, but they don't show up in cash column

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited October 2018 in Investing (Windows)
I have setup my IRA stock acct with stocks held and cash on hand. When I post dividends to these stocks  the dividend is not being add to cash on hand. HELP

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Alumni
    edited September 2017
    Hi Bewildered,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. To help us provide you with the most appropriate answer, please let us know which Quicken for Windows product, and what version (2015, 2016,etc.) and what release you have installed. Also, let us know whether you using the US version of Quicken or Quicken Canada.

Thanks,
    Dave
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Also, HOW are you posting those dividends? What Q action are you using?  AND, are there any placeholders in that investment account?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Vetta
    Vetta Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    It would also help to know where these amounts are posting if not to cash. Are they being reinvested?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2017
    I'm using Premier 2017 for Windows, US version. I go to the  stock portfolio, then  " enter transactions", pick "Inc-income (Div, Int, etc) enter date, stock name and under Dividend enter the amount.    To answer the question of "release" how do I find that. As the the questions "what Q action" and "placeholders" I don't under stand these question. These are not reinvested, they are cash in an IRA account. I have a regular account  and all works well with dividends being noted and the funds going into a separate account. I'm a Senior and this "computer stuff" , is like Greek. I have used Quicken for years and had a complete computer melt down including backup. I purchased Q 2017 and am in the process of rebuilding "all" my accounts. This has got me at a stand still as far as my IRA is concerned. Thanks to you all for your help it is greatly appreciated. 
  • Vetta
    Vetta Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    When you open "Enter transactions" and then "Inc-income" is there by any chance a transfer account shown? If so, that's where they are posting. Can you run a Report (Reports, then Investing, then Investment Income) and see where they appear? They have to be going someplace else.

I'm sympathetic--I'm a senior too.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Please have a look at the FAQ post on placeholders. It's likely placeholders causing your missing cash issue.

https://getsatisfaction.com/quickenco...

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.