when downloading a sold stock cash balance decreases rather than increases

Options
cobbersmom
cobbersmom Member ✭✭
edited October 2018 in Investing (Windows)
Quicken 2017 premier R 10. When downloading a mutual fund sold info, The cash balance DECREASES rather than increases. This has been an issue since March and is still not fixed. I quit downloading transactions from D. A. Davidson financial because of this. Today I thought I would try and see if it is fixed. It is not. I have been a Quicken user since 1994 or so. This needs to be fixed. It is unacceptable. Also when downloading a reinvestment, quicken now double enters it, once as a dividend and again as a reinvestment which doubles the amount.image

Comments

• Vetta
    Vetta Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Are you having this problem with other FI or just the one? And can you provide a screenshot of your second problem?
  • cobbersmom
    cobbersmom Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options
    We only use D A Davidson if that is what "FI" is. I will provide a screen shot of the second issue once I get another dividend. I have been just deleting the dividend portion to "outwit" Quicken and not double my cash money.

I have spoken several times with the Tech at D A Davidson about the cash issue. She has spoken with Quicken and that issue is a known problem in the programing but still not fixed. The issue has been known since I reported it to D A Davidson back in April when I discovered it. That update certainly screwed up things. Other issues included using accounts that have been closed since 2003 as a category. I do not have a screen shot of that issue since I hand corrected them. Like I said, I have been a Quicken user since the 90's through many updates so I get there can be issues. But this March one really screwed up things.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options

We only use D A Davidson if that is what "FI" is. I will provide a screen shot of the second issue once I get another dividend. I have been just deleting the dividend portion to "outwit" Quicken and not double my cash money.

I have spoken several times with the Tech at D A Davidson about the cash issue. She has spoken with Quicken and that issue is a known problem in the programing but still not fixed. The issue has been known since I reported it to D A Davidson back in April when I discovered it. That update certainly screwed up things. Other issues included using accounts that have been closed since 2003 as a category. I do not have a screen shot of that issue since I hand corrected them. Like I said, I have been a Quicken user since the 90's through many updates so I get there can be issues. But this March one really screwed up things.

Take a look at your OFX Log to see what DAD is sending.
    HELP, Log Files, OFX Log.  Save it to your desktop and then open it with NotePad or WordPad (NOT MS Word).

Then, do a search for 28.481 (that should be unique enough) and see what's being sent in the <TrnAmt> field that's near that share amount.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    There is another discussion on what sounds like the same topic here:

https://getsatisfaction.com/quickenco...

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.