Re invest div not working

Reed Welch
Reed Welch Member ✭✭✭
edited May 2022 in Investing (Mac)
This function needs to be corrected. It's not working correctly, reporting dividends when gained then when reinvested the next day, not reporting the reinvestment correctly. Will be a big end of the month issue for most users.

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    I believe this is a change in how they characterize the transaction. The previous behavior gave the transaction type as Dividend Income / Buy, which updated the balance correctly. I restored from a backup and tried reimporting the transactions, and the Dividend Income did not appear, just a Reinvest Dividend type transaction. I think they tried merging them into a single transaction which should not update the balance. However, this broke any transactions that were between the dividend and reinvestment when the update occurred. Who knows what will happen if they get downloaded individually. Also it seems incorrect to me, they are two separate transactions that occur on different days and should not be merged. You can get the correct behavior again by manually changing the transaction type to Buy, but this is a severe regression that needs to be corrected ASAP
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    The point that you're both missing is that Q is dependent upon what your broker/fund-company sends.

Check your OFX Log to find the specific transaction that was downloaded into Q.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2017

The point that you're both missing is that Q is dependent upon what your broker/fund-company sends.

Check your OFX Log to find the specific transaction that was downloaded into Q.

Agree with this, its Fi dependent, vanguard downloads directly into QM as reinvest dividend, WFA downloads two distinct transactions; reinvest dividend & buy transaction. In my situation I edit the buy transaction to reinvest dividend & delete the downloaded dividend transaction. Some folks like to see both transactions others do as I do..Seems to work fine either way
  • Reed Welch
    Reed Welch Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    I agree it is dependant on the FI,
    The point I was trying to make is that the new releases are behaving differently than the past. I can deal with unique situations as long as they are not moving targets.
    I do not have historical logs to review, but have reviewed historical transaction on the investment site, and the transaction descriptions have been consistent for the past 3-4 months.

I created an income report for an investment account that had that had reinvested dividends. The reinvested dividends are not showing up as income, this is a problem that needs to be addressed!!!!
This discussion has been closed.