How to copy investment detail from Quicken Mac 2018

Charles267
Charles267 Member ✭✭
edited July 2018 in Investing (Mac)
Hi. I upgraded to Quicken for Mac 2018 today. I see that I cannot copy/paste investment data to an Excel spreadsheet as I used to do in Quicken 2017. You cannot copy/paste any data from the investment screens at all. Is there any way to print a report of investment detail?

Comments

• Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2017
    Take a screenshot cmd-shift-4 that is one way to do it. I am not on QM18 as of yet but on QM17 in the Portfolio View you can select the total screen (cmd-A) copy then paste into a numbers blank sheet.

Charles were you using Qw17 previously?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017

Take a screenshot cmd-shift-4 that is one way to do it. I am not on QM18 as of yet but on QM17 in the Portfolio View you can select the total screen (cmd-A) copy then paste into a numbers blank sheet.

Charles were you using Qw17 previously?

This would only give you a copy of the data and not the ability to interact with the data.
  • WillyH
    WillyH Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I was just ready to inquire if QM2018 finally has printed reports for Investments/Portfolios. It appears as if it doesn't!!!  I've been doing a clumsy workaround copying, then importing to Excel and it sounds like what is described above. Does anybody know if there are plans for reports? and I don't mean on some future roadmap. I'm onQM2016 and no reports are and have been a showstopper for me. And will continue to be!
  • Charles267
    Charles267 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Yes that’s correct. In Q17 you’ll could copy the page and you have tab delimited data in your clipboard that could be pasted into Excel. I don’t think we can do that in Q18. I may be falling back to Q17 if I cannot solve this problem.
  • tcburke3
    tcburke3 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    i am having the same problem. i tried chatting online, it was a disaster. waits for phone support always seem to be extremely long. is there no other way to get in touch with quicken? i posted a similar question about 2 months ago and it's been silent. i am using 2017 for now, but it bugs me all the time to upgrade to 2018 which is just the icing on the cake.
  • Charles267
    Charles267 Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Every now and then I fire up 2018 to see if there are any updates that might allow me to do the export I need.  So far no.  For me 2018 is useless.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2018
    Any updates on this issue. This is very disappointing. When you are going to bring this feature back. If QM16 and QM17 has this feature why in QM18 it is not available. Please resolve this issue.
  • Charles267
    Charles267 Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I just checked my copy of Q18 (version 5.4.4).  Checked for updates and found none.  I'm still unable to copy investment data.  I'm sticking with Q17. 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2018
    Wow--I wish I'd not upgraded! Why would they not allow one to print their investment account report? Does anyone know if there are plans to fix this?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Terri said:

Wow--I wish I'd not upgraded! Why would they not allow one to print their investment account report? Does anyone know if there are plans to fix this?

Hey Terri,

Our developers are aware of this issue and are working on it.  

In the meantime, please vote on this idea thread https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/copy-and-paste-portfolio-into-excel to bring this capability back.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.