update investment account error

Options
Unknown
Unknown Member
edited January 2018 in Investing (Windows)
I regularly update my investment accounts with Quicken.  The I last two times I updated my investment accounts, the account values seem to have added 3 extra decimal places, e.g. a figure that should read 100 is reading 100,000.  Makes my accounts look like they are worth millions when in fact they are not.  How do I fix the values for my accounts and how do I ensure this does not happen again?  I am using Quicken Premier 2017 for windows, Version R15. 

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Which securities are getting the bogus prices?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Mutual funds and ETFs within IRA and Roth accounts at Charles Schwab.  Interestingly, one other IRA account at Schwab is updating correctly. 
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I would use the Investing tab's Portfolio view set to the date of the bad prices and type in the correct price for eac security.

You could also restore a backup taken before the issue occurred and retry the transaction download.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I manually corrected the bad prices as you suggested. I backed up my files.  I then retried the transaction download and it was perfect.  Thank you so much for your help.  What a relief to have it working properly again! 
This discussion has been closed.