QWin: Morningstar rating only appear on some of my investments.

Options
FEC
FEC Member ✭✭
edited November 2018 in Investing (Windows)
Morningstar rating only appear on some of my investments. How do I have the appear on all of them?

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Options
    A quick look indicates that the Morningstar rating in Quicken is only shown for mutual funds, not individual stocks or ETFs, Of course you can always go to Morningstar's website to see these.

Morningstar does not provide ratings for money market funds fund-like securities that are not publicly traded.

QWin Premier subscription
  • FEC
    FEC Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Thanks, looks like you are correct. Quotes and research show Morningstar ratings for ETFs. Wondered why they didn't appear in Portfolio view along with the ratings for mutual funds.
  • Jim_Harman
    edited November 2018
    Options
    BTW if you want to see the M* ratings, values, etc  for all your Quicken funds, stocks and ETFs, you can export your portfolio from Quicken and import it into M*. The cleanest way I have found to do this is
    --Run the stock Investing/Portfolio Value report. 
    --Hide the graph then click on the printer icon
    --Select Export to and choose tab delimited
    --Save the file
    --Open the file in Excel, specifying tab as the delimiter then delete the rows above the table headings
    --Save the file as CSV
    --In Morningstar, go to Portfolio (the classic version)
    --Select Create and Import
    --Select Name, Symbol, and Shares/Ratio for the first three columns and leave the remaining columns at Don't Import
    --click Continue to bring your portfolio into Morningstar as a new Watch List

You can supposedly export a QIF file with your holdings and transactions from Quicken and import to M* as a Portfolio, but I have had trouble getting this to work.
  • FEC
    FEC Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Thank you but I don't subscribe to Morningstar. I assume you have to use this service?
  • Jim_Harman
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I think you can create a watch list even if you don't subscribe. Also you can get a free intro Premium subscription for 2 weeks
    http://www.morningstar.com/members/premium-membership.html?referid=AF1000
This discussion has been closed.