I used a DivX trans to transfer a quarterly div from my stock to a money market. In Sept, it quit w

Options
Unknown
Unknown Member
edited November 2018 in Investing (Windows)
For many years, I used a DivX transaction to transfer a quarterly dividend from my stock plan account to a money market account. In September, it quit working. Quicken changes the DivX transaction to a Div transaction. It doesn't seem to record the dividend properly, or I could use a Cash Out transaction to transfer the money.

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Options
    What version of Quicken are you running? (Win or Mac, year, release?)

Is this transaction downloaded from your financial institution, or are you entering it manually?

If manual, are you entering it directly in the Transaction list (register) or do you use Enter Transaction?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Quicken 2017, R15 (the latest?).  I am entering it manually.  I enter it into the transaction list.
  • Jim_Harman
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Try using Enter Transactions then pick Inc - Income. If it doesn't offer a Transfer account, check your account for Placeholders.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I just tried Enter Transactions.  It had the transfer account, and I put the Money Market account in there.  Here is what the transaction recorded as:      Clr     Date     Action     Security    Shares    Price    Comm/Fee     Share Bal     Inv. Amt     Cash Amt     Cash Bal                    Memo    Xfer Acct       
            9/15/2017    Div    Century Tel Inc    _DivInc                66.42    <af href=http://qw.exe/qw?help=47178>N/A</a>;    0.00                    Memo        Both the stock account and the money market account say 0 placeholders.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Here is how they used to record:      Clr     Date     Action     Security    Shares    Price    Comm/Fee     Share Bal     Inv. Amt     Cash Amt     Cash Bal                    Memo    Xfer Acct       
            6/16/2017    DivX    Century Tel Inc    _DivInc                66.42    <af href=http://qw.exe/qw?help=47178>Transfer</a>;    0.00                    Memo    [Fidelity Municipal Money Market (Dave)]   
  • Jim_Harman
    edited November 2018
    Options
    The N/A is a giveaway for a Placeholder.

Note that Placeholders are hidden by default. Go to Edit/Preferences/Investment Transactions and make sure Show hidden transactions is checked.

Then if you look at the bottom of the transaction list, is there a (0) next to Placeholder Entries? If not, you need to find and fix the Placeholder(s).
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Thank you very much.  I enabled hidden transactions, and there was a Quicken-entered XOut transaction.  I deleted it and was able to enter a DivX transaction.
This discussion has been closed.