FAQ: Canadian user. How do I enter symbols for canadian stock exchange

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited December 2019 in FAQ'S (Windows)

This is for Canadian stock exchange not Toronto Stock Exchange.

Best Answers

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    [Removed- Link]
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2019
    As mentioned this is cse not tse or vse.  The Canadian stock exchange is a small exchange for small companies out of Ontario, Canada
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Try "CNX".
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2019
    Thanks Sherlock.  That doesn't work unfortunately.  It does auto-fill as CNX in a Company or Symbol lookup at time of entering the trade into Quicken, however it does not update.  This is problematic since quite a few of  my holdings are on the CSE.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2019
    After spending 3 hours on the phone with Quicken, they have admitted there is an anomaly in the CDN version of Quicken and in particular Quicken 2017 Home and Business (but I think in all the versions).   For stocks on the "Canadian Securities Exchange" http://thecse.com the correct syntax is variable it seems.  On two of my stocks, the settings for updating are 1) Exchange = US Stock     2) Asset Class Single = Canadian Stock.  At least for some of the stocks on the exchange.  Others are inconsistent.  For example I have one that must be set as 2) Asset Class Single needs to be set at "Stocks".   

They are investigating why a Canadian Exchange on a Canadian Software must be set at US Stock which incidentally will give erroneous classification reports, and why the asset class for individual stocks within that exchange need be set differently from one another.  At least one can tweak their holdings with this new information to get the updates working again.   

I just wish they wouldn't  always presume the problem is with my data and not their software before causing me to go through a seemingly endless combination of data integrity checks on my end before they even bother doing a test of the problem on their own system.  This would seem to me to be the most logical thing to do before they waste 3 hours of my time.
  • jr7107
    jr7107 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Nice research. I have asked for a long time for a published list of "what works" on the quote server.
    Quicken user since 1994.
    Quicken Forum/Community Contributor since 2005.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2019
    That screen is not available in QM18.  They give you the US prices in your CAN accounts.  
This discussion has been closed.