J Frisella
J Frisella Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Investing (Mac)
wanting to print out gains for the year

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    In Windows version it's Reports > Investing > Capital gains.  Customize the dates as 1/1/2017 to 12/31/2017.  Include any Accounts that you want included.
  • J Frisella
    J Frisella Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I have a mac and I can see it, but can't print it
  • Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    HI J Frisella,

Once the report comes up, can you print using choosing File and Print? 

Please let us know so that we can best help you.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • J Frisella
    J Frisella Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    No, I can only see what it is from my portfolio.  I choose Realized Gains then (in this case) 2017.  It brings up the listing of gains and losses but gives me no way to print.....if I go up to File, only the Print Checks option comes up, and it doesn't allow me to print from the actual screen
  • Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Hi J Frisella.

One option that I could recommend is to take a screen shot of each page of the report and then print it using the Preview app on the Mac.

I would give this a shot and see if it works..

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2018
    I don't know what version of Quicken you are using but in Quicken 2018 for Mac I customized the Tax Schedule Report to just show my Tax Payments, Dividends and Gains/Losses. You can only do this for a Taxable account. I you want to see that information for a IRA account you have to temporarily change it to a Brokerage account. You can then print the report or save as PDF from the print dialog.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2018
    J Frisella....

As you have noticed, there are no investment reports, per se, in QMac (yet). The developers are well aware of this deficiency and we hope they will be providing those soon.

If you are using QM18, then BruceG's workaround above or printing screenshots of the portfolio view are about your only alternatives. To take screenshots on the Mac, see this: 

How to take a screenshot on your Mac - Apple Support

If you are using QM15/16/17, there is a workaround to be able to print the portfolio view. That is, click in any white space on the view, then Command-A (Select All) and Command-C (copy). You can then paste this info into Excel or Numbers, format as desired and print. Unfortunately, they broke this workaround when they redesigned the portfolio view in QM18.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2018

HI J Frisella,

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.

The File & Print is not highlighted on my MAC computer. of Quicken 2017 and it up to date. Tried ommant P and that did not work either.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2018

HI J Frisella,

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.

Janice,

See my last post in this thread:

https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/how-do-you-print-out-realized-gains-from-investm...
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.