First Report: Quicken Mac 2018 Deluxe performance slower than 2017

Options
ozarkcanoer
ozarkcanoer Member ✭✭
Installation went smoothly without any problems reported.

Quicken Deluxe for Mac 2018 in my initial simple test is 5x slower than 2017.  

After opening my database in each version I click on the 'Investing' category in the left hand pane.

Using 2017 the graph and all investment accounts are displayed in ~2-3 seconds.  Using 2018 and the same action the graph and all investment accounts display in ~10-12 seconds.  Repeated tests return similar elapsed times.  

The database from 2017 was upgraded/migrated by 2018 before testing.  Database for 2017 is 167.9 MB; for 2018 is 179.1 MB.

I am running macOS 10.12.6 on a 2017 iMac (Retina 4K) 3 GHz Core i5 with 16GB memory and a Apple SSD startup drive.

For what it's worth, I  bought the 2018 2-year subscription to continue to finance the rebirth of Quicken on macOS even though I've got years of life left to run 2017 with downloads of transactions.

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Another reason not to switch to QM18 beside the already bugs that have been reported. Sorry Quicken no Sale.
  • ozarkcanoer
    ozarkcanoer Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    2nd Report: (forgot to mention that I am running 5.2.1 of 2018) differences and possible error:

1. Investment accounts in 2018 show the bottom line figures for all account investments (stocks & mutual funds) in Cost Basis/Market Value/GainLoss/GainLoss %. Excellent improvement over 2017

2. Brokerage and Retirement labels on left side only show their totals if the cursor is hovered over their labels. Similarly with Cash and Credit Card labels.

3. For my single credit card, a Visa from Chase, 2017 & 2018 register balance match but 2017 in the Accounts pane displays the credit card online balance (which is the same value as in 2018) while 2018 displays the register's transaction balance not the online balance .

4. One investment account has a $6 market value difference between 2017 and 2018; still looking for why that is so.  And in the Portfolio view 2017 shows stocks then mutual funds in the account; 2018 does the reverse with mutual funds and then stocks.  A setting I haven't discovered?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Also seeing major slowdowns instantly upon updating to 2018.  That is kinda...what's the word, unacceptable?
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I note no speed issues with QM18; the only item is the graph in the portfolio view which if hidden solves the slow issues
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

I note no speed issues with QM18; the only item is the graph in the portfolio view which if hidden solves the slow issues

How do you hide the graph?  I could find no option to hide it.
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2018
    Options

below the graph there is a separation with a button in the middle, when you put the cursor directly on this button you can just slide it up & the graph vanishes, sliding the button down brings the graph back
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

Thanks Concordman- I grabbed that handle when I first got QM2018 but stop when the graph didn't get any smaller. I didn't think to further. Thanks for the tip.
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2018
    Options

No worries, that is why we are here , to help each other out
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Hey everyone,

There has been a handful of updates since this post was created.  Is anyone still experiencing slowness in their Quicken?

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I returned mine already - but as of about a week ago, it was way too slow (hence the return).
This discussion has been closed.