Investment Issues

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited March 2018 in Investing (Windows)
When I download and there are new investments the page is so big that I can't enter or x out. I have to start the task manager and close out the program and go back in to do anything. 

Comments

• K.O. (Win-Premier)
    K.O. (Win-Premier) Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Can you post a screenshot so that we can see which page you are referring to.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2018
    I can't figure out how to do a screen shot. tried everything that google suggested and they just don't work.
  • K.O. (Win-Premier)
    edited January 2018
    windows comes with screen capture.  Click on the Win10 logo and search for Snipping Tool.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2018
  • K.O. (Win-Premier)
    edited January 2018

Thanks Hidee.  I suspected this might be the screen you're referring too.  It was recently revised in v2018 so clearly it has some work.  Be nice if it was sizable by the user so each person could have it whatever size worked best for them.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2018

K.O.
    any suggestions? in order to get out of there I have to start the task manager and totally get out of quicken and restart it. thanks
  • K.O. (Win-Premier)
    edited January 2018

You can try moving it with the keyboard.  Try one of these to move it to where you can see the title bar and then you can close it.  That won't help you deal with the new securities/transactions unless you keep moving it around but worth a shot.  If these two don't work you might keep searching google for moving/adjust windows via the keyboard.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2018
    Thank you. these two didn't work but I searched and found one that did. much appreciated. 
    Since you helped so much on this. Any idea why I sometimes get nonsense when I type into quicken. doesn't happen in any other application.
  • K.O. (Win-Premier)
    edited January 2018

Thank you. these two didn't work but I searched and found one that did. much appreciated. 
    Since you helped so much on this. Any idea why I sometimes get nonsense when I type into quicken. doesn't happen in any other application.

No clue on that.  However, if you wouldn't mind please post what work around you found so that others that might have the same issue can see it.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2018
    this is how I finally fixed a resizing problem on Quicken. 
    move and resize windows by pressing Alt-Spacebar-M and Alt-Spacebar-S, respectively. (Note that the Move and Size options are grayed out when the window is maximized. To set it to the "normal" view, press Alt-Spacebar-R.)
    then I had to "cascade" the window to make it work. 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2018
    well, this lets me know to not upgrade yet..
  • Quicken Kathryn
    edited January 2018
    Hi Hidee,
    Sorry you're having this issue--can I ask what your screen resolution settings are, and what version of Windows you're currently using?  Also, what version of Quicken are you using?

Hopefully, this will help troubleshoot what's going on, and we can escalate it if it's a program issue--

Thanks,
    Quicken Kathryn
    Quicken Kathryn
    Community Administrator
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2018
    Kathryn:  

My screen resolution is 1280X800
    I'm using windows 7
    I believe that I have quicken premier 2018 (?) 

It's intermittent. Just now when I tried signing on and typing my password, I got nonsense. never the same nonsense. It's as if one of my grand children is typing and they can't read yet. 

regards, Hidee
This discussion has been closed.