Quicken 2017 premier incorrect stock option exercise

Options
Unknown
Unknown Member
edited February 2018 in Investing (Windows)
When I  enter 'Exercise Stock Option Transaction' (Non Qualified, Same Day Sale), the transactions are created incorrectly. The Exercise and Buy price is same as the Sale Price I entered, resulting in 0 gain. The Option Grant has correct price which is shown when I pick the option to exercise, but at the end  all 3 transactions have the same price which is the sale price entered rather than option grant price for Exercise and Buy.
Quicken version info below
Quicken 2017 Premier
Version R15
Build 26.1.15.5

Comments

• jtemplin
    jtemplin Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Options
    About 8 years ago, I had a non-trivial amount of stock option grants, and I remember how frustrated I was trying to coax the Quicken I was using at the time to do the right thing with each of the grants when I exercised them. I don't know if more modern Quicken improved this, but at the time I found it easier to punt and track my grants in Excel. I would enter the shares into Quicken manually when I exercised the options.

Sorry that I can't be of more help. Stock options would work right for me in the past.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I've always found the same day sale to not yield the expected results. I always use exercise and hold. Then space the transactions one day apart until I'm happy with the results. Then I collapse the transactions down to the same day.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.