MIgration Loop

David Richman
David Richman Member ✭✭
I upgraded to 4.6 this morning and was met with the migration dialog. I have an Intuit ID so in the "Create Your Quicken ID" dialog box, I clicked on the "Already created a new Quicken ID" link at the bottom. That took me to a sign in page in which I entered by email address and password. Clicking through i was taken to a dialog box which stated at the top that my account needed to be migrated. I clicked on the "click here" link and was taken a page which advised that a six digit code would be sent to my phone. I entered that code in the field on the dialog box and clicked submit and was taken back to the first screen. No matter how many times I click through I am taken to the same dialog boxes. I do not have another available email address to use to create a new account and attempts to use my existing email address to create a new account are rejected because the address is already in use. PLEASE HELP. 

Comments

• Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2017
    I am no expert on this issue but I had a similar issue with migration, Quicken ID did not migrate right away. May require a call to the folks at Quicken to resolve this for you.
  • David Richman
    David Richman Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Thanks
  • Murad Ali Murad
    Murad Ali Murad Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I have the same problem.  I am being requested to migrate. I log in and then I have to wait to receive by email the six digit number and it normally takes 20-25 minutes and when I enter the six digit number I am told that it has expired. I have tried many times and I have not been able to complete the migration
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Bumping
  • Unknown
    Unknown Unconfirmed
    edited October 2017
    If you have an Intuit ID and you select that you already created a Quicken ID, that's the wrong answer.

Your Intuit ID is NOT your Quicken ID.  You need to create a Quicken ID.

The response that you already created a Quicken ID only applies if you're reinstalling the software again (after updating to use the Quicken ID) or you are using another Quicken product that has already migrated to the new Quicken ID, such as Quicken for Windows.

You can use the same Quicken ID along both Quicken Windows and Quicken Mac versions and among Quicken year versions.

For example, I have Quicken Windows Home and Business 2016, Quicken Windows Home and Business 2017 and Quicken Mac 2017.  They all use the same Quicken ID.

Once again, the Intuit ID is NOT the same as the new Quicken ID.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Noting is asking me for an intuit ID.  I enter my quicken ID, then it says I need to migrate my account.

I enter the code, then it prompts me to create a quicken ID, I enter my email address, phone and password and it say my quicken ID already exits.  

Nothing ever asks me for an intuit ID
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2018
    I am having a similar problem.. I was using Quicken H&B 2017 PC, ... Purchased Quicken 2018 H&B and subscription setting up new "Quicken" ID ... then  I upgraded the software on my PC to Quicken 2018... now I cant open any of my old quicken files... I get the old familiar quicken file password bubble from 2017, then when I enter the file password the program opens .. I get a glimpse of my data and accounts and then it goes to the New Quicken login. then one of two options:

1). If I enter my new Quicken ID and password, I get an activity animation, then I get the word "Success".. and I am locked on the white login screen. Data file wont open.

2). If I enter my old Intuit ID and password, I get a screen that states I must migrate my data with the option of setting up a new Quicken ID or entering the one I already created.  entering the new Quicken ID sends me back to 1).  I cant create a new(er) "Quicken" ID because when I enter my only email address it wont let me proceed because I have already set up my account with that EM address.

45 wait min on phone support yesterday to talk to human .. then had appointment to go to ..(didn't think it would take that long!).

No weekend or non-working hour support hours?? Who do they think uses Quicken??

one out of 5 stars for support
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Mark Blas said:

I am having a similar problem.. I was using Quicken H&B 2017 PC, ... Purchased Quicken 2018 H&B and subscription setting up new "Quicken" ID ... then  I upgraded the software on my PC to Quicken 2018... now I cant open any of my old quicken files... I get the old familiar quicken file password bubble from 2017, then when I enter the file password the program opens .. I get a glimpse of my data and accounts and then it goes to the New Quicken login. then one of two options:

1). If I enter my new Quicken ID and password, I get an activity animation, then I get the word "Success".. and I am locked on the white login screen. Data file wont open.

2). If I enter my old Intuit ID and password, I get a screen that states I must migrate my data with the option of setting up a new Quicken ID or entering the one I already created.  entering the new Quicken ID sends me back to 1).  I cant create a new(er) "Quicken" ID because when I enter my only email address it wont let me proceed because I have already set up my account with that EM address.

45 wait min on phone support yesterday to talk to human .. then had appointment to go to ..(didn't think it would take that long!).

Merging to a different thread

Please reference the new conversation here: Success screen
    ~~~***~~~
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Mark Blas said:

Merging to a different thread

Please reference the new conversation here: Success screen
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.