Price history does not show for securities purchased in the portfolio view.

Options
John
John Member
edited March 2018 in Investing (Mac)
Price history does not show for securities purchased in the portfolio view. For example, I bought 10 shares of company X on 1/1/2018, and then 10  more shares on 3/1/2018 and it the transaction view, I can see the purchase entries, but in the portfolio view when I look at the security, it does not show me the purchase price of the 10 shares I bought on 1/1/2018 or 3/1/2018.  It only shows me the total shares I have of company X. Quicken Premier, Version 5.5.5 (Build 55.21622.100).  Is this a bug?  There is no option to show this.

Comments

• Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2018
    Options
    when you click the little arrow to the left of the security you do not see the lots, is that what you are saying?
  • John
    John Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I click the little arrow and I can see the lots, but it does not show me the price paid for that lot.  It only shows the number of shares bought and the amount of the transaction.  The Windows version I could always see the price paid per lot.  Seems odd not to have it show.  
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2018
    Options
    John said:

I click the little arrow and I can see the lots, but it does not show me the price paid for that lot.  It only shows the number of shares bought and the amount of the transaction.  The Windows version I could always see the price paid per lot.  Seems odd not to have it show.  

Yes that is how it is presently working; Only way to see prices paid /lot is to search the security in the account register. Totally agree this is missing along with the ability to view cost/ share as a column in the PV..
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    John said:

I think many of us would agree that having a column for cost per share is needed. That way you would have a direct comparison between current price and the price you paid. This would help you decide if you like to Buy more shares or Sell a given Lot. Without that extra column, you have to divide the Cost Basis by the number or shares you own which is a step that should be unnecessary.
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2018
    Options
    John said:

I have a sticky on my computer with the securities and the cost per share basis
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    John said:

If I added stickies for every stock I own plus the Lots, I would not be able to see my computer.
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2018
    Options
    John said:

I use the sticky app in iOS, I calculate the cost basis/share which is what I show on the stickie
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I suggest anyone wanting this functionality use the Report a Problem feature on the Help menu of Quicken. Describe why this is a problem for you and your creative workarounds, to help the developers understand why this is a pain point. There's no certainty anyone on the development team will read this thread, but they will read the Report a Problem submissions.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.