Cannot import transactions from B of A

Unknown
Unknown Member
I am trying to import transactions from a Bank of America account and I keep having Quicken ask me to add or link the accounts. The account already exists so I should not have to add it. It does not give me an option to link it to the correct account either

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Hey Larry,

Sorry you're experiencing this difficulty.

It sounds like the account needs to be set up for Web connect.

Go into settings and select Change Connection Type.

Select Options and then Choose Web Connect.

imageimage

Lastly, you are going to follow the instructions on this screen.  Log onto the banks website and download a QFX file and drag and drop it into the box.

Hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Any reason you have him select Web Connect to download?

Why not just use Direct Connect and have transactions automatically entered into Quicken?
  • jlgg
    jlgg Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018

Why not just use Direct Connect and have transactions automatically entered into Quicken?

When I first got QM2018 I tried to use Direct Connect with my Bank of America accounts.  Unfortunately only Web Connect is allowed by BoA for new users.

This is copied from the BoA website:

"Please note: Quicken DirectConnect is no longer supported for new users. You can easily download information from Online Banking to Quicken using Web Connect."

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018

Hey GoHawks,

That is a great question!

Jlgg, is correct some users don't have the option to use Direct Connect.

I also gave the user web connect steps because he stated that he was trying import transactions into the file which would mean that he's most likely using web connect.

This could either be because they are trying to get past transaction history or this is their preference.

I don't immediately guide users straight to direct connect as there typically is a fee involved and can require they contact the bank for enrollment and the OP did not ask for these steps.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018

Hello Larry,

Are you still having issues?

Please let us know.. If this post is left unsolved within the next 48 hours, it will be closed.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited April 2018

Yes I am still having the same issue. Direct Connect is not one of the available choices.  The problem is when I import the file, Quicken trys to create a new account instead of just dumping the data into the existing account.  Could the fact that I am trying to input 5 months of data be the problem?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018

Hey Larry,

We're you able to change the connection type to web connect, like in the steps shown above?

What type of account are you using?

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited April 2018

I have no problem downloading the file from B of A on web connect.  The problem is when I try to import the file into Quicken.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018

Hey Larry,

Thank you for your response.

If you go into settings on the bottom right, does this account say that it's set up for web connect?

Let me know!
    ~~~***~~~
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Hey There,

Were you able to check the connection type under settings for the Bank of America account?

Let us know, if we don't receive a response this post will be closed after 48 hours.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Hello Larry,

Are you still experiencing issues?

Please let us know. If we don’t hear from you within 48 hours, the thread will be closed.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    We have not received a response in the last 48 hours, this post is now being closed.

If you are still needing help, please create a new thread.

-Thanks!
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.