Stock Price Update

Options
William Day
William Day Member ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2018 in Investing (Mac)
Q2018 for Mac (V5.5.6:  Is there any way to determine if an individual Stock/Mutual Fund price has been updated? Q2007 used arrows near the price to indicate that it had or had not been changed or remained the same (eg. arrow-up, arrow-down, bold faced dash or nothing if a price hadn't been downloaded). 

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    In the Portfolio View, check and see if there is a price quote and a day change present.

In most cases, if the day change is 0.00%, the price is missing.

Alternatively, you can go to Window > Securities > select the stock/mutual fund > select Price History and see if anything is entered for the day in question.  

The way the stock market's been...better not to look!   ;)
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited April 2018
    Options

In the Portfolio View, check and see if there is a price quote and a day change present.

Alternatively, you can go to Window > Securities > select the stock/mutual fund > select Price History and see if anything is entered for the day in question.  

Also, you can do directly to a security's price history by clicking on the security name in the portfolio view, then Edit Security > Price History.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • William Day
    William Day Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Options

Q2007 was so much better. GREEN Up-Arrow (positive change) RED Down-Arrow (negative change) BOLD Dash (o change) Grey Triangle (Price not downloaded).  All this in the Portfolio View with indicator next to each security.  IMHO Q2018 for Mac is a huge step backward.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Hey William,

Sorry that you having trouble with the interface.

Where you able to determine wether or not the stock price has updated correctly?

Let us know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • William Day
    William Day Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Options

Hey William,

Sorry that you having trouble with the interface.

Where you able to determine wether or not the stock price has updated correctly?

Let us know!

-Quicken Tyka

Currently running both Q2007 & Q2018Mac side-by-side.  After clicking circle to update security prices in Q2018Mac, I compare portfolio value to Q2007 to determine if stock prices were updated; but I know that i'll eventually have to give up my Q2007 crutch - perhaps Q2018Mac will be more like Q2018Windows before I have to throw away that crutch (4th Quarter).
  • William Day
    William Day Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Options

Thanks for the 'work around'.  Its a bit cumbersome to check each of my securities.  I've noticed in Q2007Mac that sometimes all stock prices for all the stocks in my portfolio (mostly mutual funds) do not update in a given 7pm ET download - the RED, GREEN, etc indicators are a big help in reminding me to update stock prices again later that same night.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

It's not a workaround.  It's how you manually entered stock prices in Quicken Mac...which is NOT the same way as it was in Quicken Mac 2007.

I did mention, in the post above, that you can just go to the Portfolio View in Quicken Mac and see if there has been any change in price.

Looking at the Day Change column will give you the same red/green indicators.  
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Tyka, I'm just starting wth QM18 after years in Windows.  My Canadian stocks that also trade in NY, like Enbridge, CIBC, Bank of Nova Scotia are now all updating using American prices in my Canadian accounts.  This is just plain wrong. Is there a work around?  In the Security info screen on Windows you could check off the exchange, but that is not an option when you click on the security in QM18.  Is there a way to specify the correct exchange from which to get the quote?
This discussion has been closed.