mutual fund share class conversion

Options
Ford Lacy
Ford Lacy Member ✭✭
edited January 2019 in Investing (Windows)
I need to enter a mutual fund share class conversion. when I go to the "enter transactions" screen, I do not get a listing for entering a mutual fund share class conversion. what I do I need to do get such a transaction entry or to enter a conversion without that particular entry?  I am using quicken premier for windows 2018.

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Options
    When you scroll down among the available transactions, is the choice "Mutual fund conversion" not shown? 

Is this a "single mutual fund" account? Perhaps this option is not available for that type of account. See Quicken help for info on changing it to an ordinary investment account.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Ford Lacy
    Ford Lacy Member ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    thanks. I think that you fixed it for me.
  • KDL
    KDL Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Options
    You may want to view this entry for problems with the conversion transaction:  https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/mutual-fund-conversion-corp-acquisition-create-b...
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I use Quicken 2017 Deluxe and have a single mutual fund that I must convert to a different ticker and number of shares directly. I am told by "help" to select Mutual Fund Conversions but all I get is the name change. Please help! I have used quicken since 1992 and this has been a problem only recently. I had to do in in my IRA file and it was a mess. Almost gave up on 25 years of Quicken I was so frustrated!
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Ed F said:

I use Quicken 2017 Deluxe and have a single mutual fund that I must convert to a different ticker and number of shares directly. I am told by "help" to select Mutual Fund Conversions but all I get is the name change. Please help! I have used quicken since 1992 and this has been a problem only recently. I had to do in in my IRA file and it was a mess. Almost gave up on 25 years of Quicken I was so frustrated!

If your pull down transaction options do not include MF Conversion, you need to refer to and follow Jim Harman's advice above.  That is, change the account from the Single Mutual Fund designation.  Edit Security details.  
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Ed F said:

Did you accidentally choose the Corporate Name Change action? The Mutual Fund Conversion dialog prompts for the new price and new number of shares. It should create one Remove Shares transaction and a number of Add Shares transactions corresponding to individual lots of the fund.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Looks like converting from a single fund account worked, thank you very much!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Ed F said:

I have Share Class Exchanges done which show the exchange on the same day and the quantity of each at the exchange which are always a different quantity but there is never a Price or Amount listed in my brokerage statement.  Will the Mutual Fund Conversion above still work correctly if no price is entered?
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Ed F said:

@Jeff -- as I recall, you are required to provide a price, but you can try it without one.  It should not be a problem to come up with the real world price via the MF family or Yahoo Finance, Google Finance, etc.  
  • Ken Weissberg
    Ken Weissberg Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Options

When you scroll down among the available transactions, is the choice "Mutual fund conversion" not shown? 

Is this a "single mutual fund" account? Perhaps this option is not available for that type of account. See Quicken help for info on changing it to an ordinary investment account.

Thanks.  I had the same problem and now it works.  Converted back to single mutual fund after the conversion.  Had to adjust shares very slightly.
This discussion has been closed.