Is there a way to track the actual cost of an item that is being invoiced?

Options
I love the invoice feature, and how I can add items that it keeps a running list of.  However I would love to know if there is a way that I can track the actual cost of the items that are attached with these invoices.  Then when my profit and loss report prints I can see that I spent $xxx.00 for the invoices associated with the purchase.  I am small business, don't want to have to track cost of goods on separate program.  Thought this was one stop program for these things.  Running 2018 version.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Options

Sorry to disappoint you, but if you're in the business of manufacturing items for sale, Quicken H&B is not for you. It does not have the functions for tracking cost of goods and handling inventory.

If you must have these features, you may want to take a closer look at QuickBooks. http://quickbooks.intuit.com/

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options
    The invoicing features in Q can handle  billing for time and billing  for expenses/materials at actual cost.
    It can't handle inventory, inventory markups, etc.  It also doesn't have any payroll functions.
    I concur with UKR that it sounds like you need Quickbooks.  FORTUNATELY, Quickbooks can import your Quicken data file if you've input anything into it.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.