Find top mutual funds button in (investing allocation tab) leads to yahoo main page.

Rick8
Rick8 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2018 in Investing (Windows)
Find top mutual funds button in (investing allocation tab) leads to yahoo main page.

Quicken Help Instructions for this function says:
  • To find and research other mutual funds, click Find Top
    Funds and follow the on-screen instructions (internet access required).
There are no onscreen instructions or a link for this.Please fix.
Quicken Windows 2017, 26.1.15.5, Windows 10 Pro all updates current.

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    In QWin 2018 it is being redirected to the Yahoo home page because the linked page, something like
    video.yahoo.com/funds.html/quic   (truncated maybe)
    no longer exists.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018

In QWin 2018 it is being redirected to the Yahoo home page because the linked page, something like
    no longer exists.

So I went to Yahoo to see whether I could locate a page with such fund information. I typed "Find top mutual funds" into the search box, and this is what I got:

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018

no longer exists.

Or you could go to Morningstar. Lots of good fund information there.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Rick8
    Rick8 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018

no longer exists.

Thanks Jim,I know this, but the beauty of Quicken was that it used to give you the Morningstar information when you used the "find funds" function.  It was great, all in one place.  Again, Quicken has screwed up another function that used to work fine!  I have been investing and creating spreadsheets from Morningstar and other sites for over 25 years.  It was nice to not have to do this!
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018

no longer exists.

Hello Rick,

I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience this has or may further cause and thank you for taking the time to report this issue.  

I tested this within my version of Quicken and also am directed to the Yahoo Home page with the message that the page could not be found and have opened a ticket with Development to fix the broken link.  As soon as an update or more information is received on the ticket, I will be back to share the information.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • Rick8
    Rick8 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Well - How are we doing on this?  Almost a year now!
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Rick,

Looking into the matter, a solution was released in the current 2019 version of Quicken that resolves this issue, however that solution has not yet been released for prior versions such as Quicken 2017.

I've submitted a new ticket and request to ask that the solution be "back-ported
     to the 2017 version as quickly as possible.  Once the solution is available it will be sent as part of the next release for Quicken 2017.

I hope this information is helpful and please let us know if there are any further questions/concerns.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • neiltramel
    neiltramel Member ✭✭
    Quicken Sarah, It has been 8 months and this link/feature is still broken. Will it ever be fixed? Forcing me to upgrade to the new version to get something to work that is supposed to be supported is not what I would call customer service. At least just publish the link! That would cost nothing and get us back to where we were before Quicken broke this feature.