itemized categories report

dave.quayle7
dave.quayle7 Member ✭✭
edited December 2018 in Investing (Windows)
2018 windows R8.10 build 27.1.8.10
in past years when i did an itemized categories spending report all categories selected would show up on report from all accounts including investment accounts. these would be foreign tax paid, quarterly fee paid for management for example. now in 2018 they only show up on tax summary or tax schedule or schedule A reports. Any withdrawals do not show up

I do not want to have separate checking account tied to brokerage account. to switch over now after all these years would turn my file into a disaster. I know this because phone support had me do that and it was a disaster and had to restore from backup file.
can this be fixed?

Comments

• Robert Armani
    Robert Armani Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Have you checked on the Accounts tab in Settings to see if all the accounts are checkmarked?
  • dave.quayle7
    dave.quayle7 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    All accounts and all categories are checked. Phone support guy said it's because the transactions are in investment accounts . The transactions have categories attached to them but they do not show up.
  • Snowman
    Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Dave.Quayle7  I have Quicken 2018 Premier R8.10.  I do monthly and YTD spending reports each month.  One of the categories is Foreign Tax Withholding and another is for Management Fees.  These are showing up as they should in my file.  For the YTD May for example the total foreign tax withheld is $60.33.  If I click on that number I am taken to another screen that shows the 4 transactions that make up the total which are $22.68, $18.05, $0.26 and $19.34.
    Have you tried recreating the report from scratch?
  • dave.quayle7
    dave.quayle7 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    yes ,using the reports center, it is not a saved report. i have tried everything. validated file and no errors found. 
    in the brokerage accounts( one with UBS and one with Wells fargo) i have also entered a test withdrawal using various other categories to see if they show up on report and they do not. 
  • Snowman
    Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Try this.  Go to Reports>Reports & Graph Center>Current Budget.  Create the report from here and see it that works.  This is the basis for the reports that I use.
  • dave.quayle7
    dave.quayle7 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    does not show up there either.
  • dave.quayle7
    dave.quayle7 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    i even created a brand new file and imported the last 120 of transactions from wells fargo, the withdrawals do not show up in the "itemized categories" when doing a spending report.The only transactions that report out are dividends and interest.
    i am having a hard time understanding why these transactions would not show up when you the ability to put them into a category when entering them and can also select those categories in the report and the account too.
    This used to be possible in past versions because i used to use it all the time to track annual spending.
    almost to the point wher i will find something else to use and want my money back.
  • dave.quayle7
    dave.quayle7 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    been using quicken since 2007 just to put that out there.
     never had any problems till this year. also wish the bills calendar view could be default view like it use to be  so dont have to click on income & transfers then show full calendar. there is a lot of things i use and a lot i dont. just want it to work
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    QWin Premier subscription
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Snowman
    Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    The Reports>Reports & Graph Center>Current Budget report works for me Q2018 Premier R8.10 BUT I have separate Linked Checking Account and Investment accounts for each of my investing accounts.  It would be interesting if those that have the problem have not set their accounts this way and that may be a place for the developers to start looking...
  • Teach1960
    Teach1960 Member
    I have used quicken 2002 forever, but when I updated my laptop it was no longer compatible.  I  purchased a windows quicken 2017 and do not know how to find the report that I always used on my 2002 version.  After typing all my check, receipts etc into the register... I always would print a report on categories that would list all the checks, receipts etc. under the category heading.  How do I do this in quicken 2017.  All I am getting is totals... I want the total of each category plus each item from that category.  Thank you so very much.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to Reports > Spending > Itemized Categories
    Set the desired date range (default is year to date but you can change it)
    Click on Update to show and pick Transaction detail

QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.