Transaction download is showing as updated but they are not showing up on my register

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited September 2018 in Registers & Transactions (Windows)
download from bank

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

In case of transaction download errors

Please provide more
    details.

What error codes,
    error messages, symptoms do you get?

What bank(s) are you having issues with?

What account types (checking, savings, etc.) are you having issues with?
    Does this problem
    occur when you run One Step Update from your desktop or when you attempt to use
    the Quicken Mobile App?

What have you tried so far to resolve the issue?

What version of Windows or Mac OS are you using?

Also need to know what version and release of Quicken you are using. You must
    be on the latest release (patch) level for your supported Quicken version. If
    you're missing patches, update your software first.

Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to determine
    year/version and release.

Quicken for Windows
    users: If you feel like beginning to troubleshoot this yourself, please read
    and follow instructions here:

https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/actions-windows-desktop-users-can-take-to-remedy-connection-errors-and-password-change-issues

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2018
    I am downloading from State Employee Credit Union both checking and credit card. I am doing it from a desktop. I do not get any error messages. It shows that the download is successful and the date of the download updates. It just doesn't fill in on my register. This used to happen and I had to repeat the download and the second time it usually filled in. I can download from my other bank, bank of america and it loads normally. I'm running it on Windows 10. I have tried to run the microsoft update on windows 10 but I can't get it to download. Maybe this is the problem. My quicken version is 2017.
  • Mike52
    Mike52 Member
    edited September 2018
    Did anyone ever come up with any ideas on this problem? I have had it for sometime now. Its a BOA card account and it shows a good download in he One Step report and the number of transactions downloaded. They just never show up in the register. I'm on 2018 and I had this problem on this account on the last 1 or 2 versions. I'm on Windows 10. I never get any error messages.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

Did anyone ever come up with any ideas on this problem? I have had it for sometime now. Its a BOA card account and it shows a good download in he One Step report and the number of transactions downloaded. They just never show up in the register. I'm on 2018 and I had this problem on this account on the last 1 or 2 versions. I'm on Windows 10. I never get any error messages.

Hello Mike,

Welcome to the Quicken Community!  Thank you for taking the time to share that you are also experiencing this behavior and I apologize for any inconvenience or frustration this has caused.

A successful One Step Update followed by no new transactions to review in the register, can be caused by a few different situations.  To better understand what is happening for you, may I ask, is there a Red Flag icon or Blue Dot to the left of the account name in the list that goes down either the left or right side of Quicken?

If so, please go to the Tools menu at the top of Quicken and select the "Online Center" from close to the bottom of the menu.  In the window that opens, please toggle the Financial Institution drop down menu to BofA and is there a number listed in the transaction column and transactions listed below as seen in the screenshot below or does it show a "0"?

image  image

If there are transactions appearing, please click the "Compare to Register" button and that should move them to the register to be accepted, if not, please let us know.

If a "0", we can go ahead and close the Online Center and then please go back to the Tools menu and this time select "Account List".  In the Account List window, click the "Edit" button to the right of the first BofA account name.  The Account Details window should open and please select the middle tab for "Online Services" and then click "Reset Account."

image  image 

It should start to spin and then present a list of your accounts with BofA, select the account name that we requested to reset, if it is not listed, go ahead and close out of the window and let us know what the outcome of the reset was.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • Mike50
    Mike50 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020

Thanks for the help on this. I do not have any flags or dots next to the account name. It shows 0 for the for the transactions in the online center. I attempted the account reset, though I have tried this in the past. Same result this time, it failed. It says try again in a few days but it never completes the reset. I have also tried to get the Direct Connect feature to work and it never does on this account. 
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

Mike,
    if "Reset" fails, try to deactivate the account, then reactivate and carefully LINK it to the existing account register.
    If all else fails, contact Quicken Support at 

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

• Quicken Sarah
    edited May 2020

Hi Mike,

I just wanted to check in with you and see if the steps to deactivate/reactivate provided by @UKR were helpful in resolving the missing transactions and resuming normal downloads for your BofA accounts?

Please let us know, thank you!

Sarah
  • Mike50
    Mike50 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Well I finally got the account working correctly by deactivating it and reactivating it as suggested by UKR. I had done this in the past but never on the new version so maybe that had something to do with it. In any case thank you all for the help.
  • Quicken Sarah
    edited May 2020

Well I finally got the account working correctly by deactivating it and reactivating it as suggested by UKR. I had done this in the past but never on the new version so maybe that had something to do with it. In any case thank you all for the help.

Hi Mike,

I'm glad to hear you were able to correct the account and thank you for posting back to let us know!

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.