Invoice Design - EPIC FAIL

Options
I am using Quicken 2017 for Home & Business, but was told by tech support that this same problem exists in the 2018 version as well (not sure if this is true, because quite frankly the tech person was learning the functionality of the product during the call with me).
My invoice form does not display key information, such as "DATE" (referring to date of service").  The Invoice Design form tool allows me to add this column as a field, and even says in the instructions that it's a "mandatory field" for all invoices (which is why you cannot check or uncheck it).  However, no action and no amount of experimentation have led to the date appearing on the actual invoice.  The tech support person consulted with upper management after "escalating the call" and was told the following, "Tell the customer that this is part of the design and that there is nothing more we can do for this customer".WTF?

Comments

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Did you insert a logo into your invoice?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Please bring up the Invoice Designer and show us a screen snapshot of your invoice settings. By default, the invoice's Date field should appear on top of the invoice form, to the left of the Invoice Number field.
    Is it possible you have moved the field to some position on the form where it is now hidden behind another field? For example, try moving the Invoice Number field to a different position and see if that unmasks the Date field.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Hi, guys, 

Thank  you for taking me seriously.  No, I did not insert logo (didn't get this far). How do I insert a file here?  I have a couple of screenshots. 
    PS: I tried adjusting column margins in the invoice itself and in the form.  Not able to figure how to change the width of or move any field.  If we can find a solution to this, I will buy everyone ice cream!
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Options

Hi, guys, 

Thank  you for taking me seriously.  No, I did not insert logo (didn't get this far). How do I insert a file here?  I have a couple of screenshots. 
    PS: I tried adjusting column margins in the invoice itself and in the form.  Not able to figure how to change the width of or move any field.  If we can find a solution to this, I will buy everyone ice cream!

You can upload a picture file using the camera icon on a reply.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.