I downloaded Quicken 2018 Deluxe 5.6.3 (mac) last week. It chose to grab was not from my Q 2017, bu

Options
I downloaded Quicken 2018 Deluxe 5.6.3 (mac) last week. The data it chose to grab was not from my Quicken 2017, but a prior version. What have I done wrong?

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited June 2018
    Options
    You can choose which file to import from. Do you know which data file is your most-recent Quicken 2007 data file. (If not, post back, and we can explore that.) If so, in Quicken 2018, select File > New, and select the option to start from a Quicken Mac data file. You can navigate to the file you want to use, and let it update to the latest format. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Alan3
    Alan3 Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Options

[removed-inaccurate]  I get over one hundred

help questions a month which I do not have the time to answer. I have

tried in vain to have my name removed from the Help desk. Now I just

post this message or hit delete.

I'm confused about your statement that  you "get over on hundred help
    questions a month...." Can't you just unsbuscribe from get satisfaction
    and rid yourself of these messages?
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited June 2018
    Options

[removed-inaccurate]  I get over one hundred

help questions a month which I do not have the time to answer. I have

tried in vain to have my name removed from the Help desk. Now I just

post this message or hit delete.

Jerry, Click your name at the top right of this page, then "Profile". When the profile comes up, click Delete Account on the left and you won't need to worry about the notifications anymore.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited June 2018
    Options
    jacobs said:

You can choose which file to import from. Do you know which data file is your most-recent Quicken 2007 data file. (If not, post back, and we can explore that.) If so, in Quicken 2018, select File > New, and select the option to start from a Quicken Mac data file. You can navigate to the file you want to use, and let it update to the latest format. 

Deb, ignoring the irrelevant comment below from Jerry, please post back if you have been able to select your most recent Quicken 2017 data file to open in Quicken 2018. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    jacobs said:

I was able to move Q2017 into Q2018!  Just needed a nudge in the right direction. Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.