Improve portfolio reports - track %age daily performance of indices

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited July 2018 in Investing (Windows)
I follow the usual four common indices: DJIA, S&P300, NASDAQ Composite, Russell 2000. Every day I print our portfolio by account (Ctrl-P), with assets in each account ranked by %age daily increase. However, the report will not track the %age daily increase/decrease in the four indices, which I have to compute manually. This seems like an easy and useful fix for next release
Tagged:

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Hmmm....
    If I do a [Ctrl]-P I do see the indexes ranked by the percent daily increase.
    If you click Options > Customize current view > Accounts is the "Indexes" box ticked?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2018
    Tom Young said:

Hmmm....
    If you click Options > Customize current view > Accounts is the "Indexes" box ticked?

Thanks so much for the tip. I was using Day Gain/Loss (%), which should work,but doesn't. Now I've got just what I want.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Tom Young said:

Hmmm....

FWIW:  Day Gain/Loss would be predicated on the number of shares you own.  Since you don't own shares of the index, it becomes a "does not compute" scenario.  

Footnote:  As I recall for real securities, the Day Gain/Loss is computed based on market value today vs yesterday.  So if the share quantity happens to change 'today', then the value becomes meaningless.  There is no acknowledgement that shares you bought or sold today may have shown some different gain than revealed by the two closing prices.  Just a thought to file away.
This discussion has been closed.