_intinc isnt appearing in my cash flow report

Options
James104
James104 Member ✭✭✭
edited October 2018 in Investing (Windows)
Q2018 vR10.11 build 27.1.10.11
This year I've had several US Savings Bonds cease earning interest; Treasury Direct converts them to non-interest earning bonds, which I have cashed out (had paid to my checking account). 

I have an Account set up for these bonds, each bond recorded as a separate security so I can track maturity dates. When I cash in/sell a bond the transaction has two records: one as a "Sell-ShareSold" sale of the security at cost, and the other as an "Inc-Income(Div,IntNT,Etc.)" with the amount earned in the "Interest" field.  Quicken allocates the interest received to the "_IntInc" category.  I then use a transfer transaction to record payment from Treasury Direct to my checking account.

When I run a YTD Cash Flow report the bank interest which I've categorized as "Interest Income" is listed; however the bond interest posted to the "_IntInc" category is NOT included.

Why not?  This seems to be cash received. I don't trade a lot of stock, but I'm just noticing that the cash gains and losses (sadly!) from those few transactions don't show in the Cash Flow report.  They do show in the Investment Income report.

There is probably some simple concept here that I am missing - I'm hoping someone will explain.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Check your Category List.
    Make sure you have put a checkmark at "Show hidden categories"
    _IntInc and some of the other built-in categories (the ones whose name begins with an _underscore) may be marked as "hidden". Remove the checkmark in the "Hide" column for the built-in categories that you need to use.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Options
    The "Cash Flow" report, as designed, only looks and the "Banking" Accounts - checking, savings and credit cards - and since the _IntInc is earned over in an "Investment" Account, (I assume), it would not ordinarily be picked up by the Cash Flow report.  You can customize the Cash Flow report to include the "Transfers in" from the relevant investment Account (collection of principal and interest) to capture the cash inflow.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Simply customize the Cash Flow report to include all accounts and your investment accounts' _IntInc, _DivInc, _RlzdGain, etc. will be shown correctly.
    Save the customized report if you want to use it again at a later date.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Options
    UKR said:

Simply customize the Cash Flow report to include all accounts and your investment accounts' _IntInc, _DivInc, _RlzdGain, etc. will be shown correctly.
    Save the customized report if you want to use it again at a later date.

Just understand that adding Accounts outside of the narrow "Banking" category does result in all the income/expense activity inside those Accounts being included in the "Cash Flow" report, even if you don't think of that activity being part of your actual "available" cash. 

Limiting the reporting in the "Cash Flow" report to the actual transfers of cash between "Investing" and "Banking" Accounts does serve to make the Cash Flow report a better representation of what most people think of as "cash".
This discussion has been closed.