Profit & Loss Statement

Options
Unknown
Unknown Member
edited October 2018 in Reports (Windows)
I recently switched from Quicken Deluxe to Quicken Home & Business 2017 because I need to be able to generate Profit & Loss reports.  I want all of my entries in each check register to show on the P&L report.  Right now the report only shows 2 categories even though I have all of them checked in the customize section.  How do I get this report to generate showing all of my expenses and income?  Thanks.

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options
    In Q, a category (no matter what it's called, or how you use it) is ONLY considered to be a Business category when you've assigned a Business (usually Sched C, but there are others) tax line to  it.

And the P&L report only includes  categories that Q recognizes as "business".

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Thank you for replying.  How do I assign that to each entry?  Is it possible to change all entries at once? 
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Options
    To be included in business reports (and I don't know where else) you have to assign the category to a schedule C tax line item number. To check the tax line assignment open the Category list by either clicking on the Category Icon or go to Tools-Category List or Ctrl+Shift+C. Then select the category and right click on it to Edit it. Click on the Tax Reporting Tab and check the box for Tax related and pick a Schedule C: tax line item.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    You could have created an Income/Expense report in Quicken Deluxe that is the exact same as a Profit/Loss statement.

Just filter the Income/Expense By Category report to ONLY include the income and expense categories that pertain to your business... or if you use a separate checking and/or credit card account for your business, just filter the report to only include those checking and credit card accounts.
This discussion has been closed.