security prices incorrect for KXI - ISHARES TR S&P GLOBAL CONSUMER STAPLES

Al J
Al J Member ✭✭
edited October 2018 in Investing (Mac)

I’m using Quicken for Mac Deluxe 2018 Version 5.7.2 (Build 57.23252.100) on macOS 10.13.6

I’m seeing oddities in the price history for one of my securities.

KXI - ISHARES TR S&P GLOBAL CONSUMER STAPLES

5/1/2018 KXI closes at 97.2052. Up to this point the price was in the high 90’s, low 100’s 

On 5/2/2018 KXI closes at 48.53. From that point onward the price has been in the high 40’s to 50.

I rebuilt the history from Quicken, unchecking both of the “Do Not Update quotes that I entered or edited manually” and the “Do Not Update quotes that cannot be replaced with downloaded values” boxes.

Now the history is less granular, going from daily prices to only Friday prices before June 2018 which is fine, but there is still the 50% loss at the end of April.

If I go to the Quicken security overview at http://investing.quicken.com/public/api/index.asp?symbol=KXI&..wsodbackdoor..=off I see the 52 week range is 47.79 - 54.58 and the 1 year graph shows consistent values with no significant drop.  This is the same information I get when I query BofAML or even finance.yahoo.com for KXI.

Considering the relative number of shares I have, this messes up the portfolio graph and YTD gains/losses details.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Comments

• John Burgess
    John Burgess Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Seems like a 2 for 1 stock split. See if the number of shares doubled ...
  • Al J
    Al J Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Thought of that, same number of shares since initial purchase in 2016.
    Thanks for the suggestion.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Double check that number of shares ... because iShares themselves say that the current price is about $50.  The only other option is that KXI took a HUGE price hit.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018

Double check that number of shares ... because iShares themselves say that the current price is about $50.  The only other option is that KXI took a HUGE price hit.

Also, again sourced from iShares ... no price this year is anywhere NEAR $100 ...  unless there was a split.

• Al J
    Al J Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018

Pretty simple to check number of shares. I've made only one purchase back in 2016 and am not reinvesting the dividends. 
    You're correct, every external source I check shows a consistent price. And even looking at investing.quicken.com for KXI shows a steady price over the year.
    It's only when I update price history from inside Quicken that I see the price drop back in May.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018

Well, only you have control of your Q data ... but those prices are (based upon the "Historical Prices" graphic from iShares themselves) clearly wrong.

Do you reconcile this account against your brokerage/fund statements?

• Al J
    Al J Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018

Account balances to brokerage, there are only 10 securities in the account and I'm mostly buy-and-hold investing. Easy to eye-ball the numbers between Q and ML.
    The one part of Q data that I have less control over is the price history. This is what I did to rebuild the history and below that is what the prices look like now.
    Granularity goes down from daily to once a week, but the 50% drop is still there.

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.