interest income

I have quicken Home, Business & Rentals, can I send out a interest income 1099?

Comments

• Rick Gumpertz
    Rick Gumpertz Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Meaning a 1099 for interest that you paid to somebody else in the course of your trade or business?
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Whether you received the interest, or paid it, is immaterial.  No version of Q can CREATE a 1099 form.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Rick Gumpertz
    Rick Gumpertz Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Snarky answer: yes, you can send out any form you want.

More serious: I believe Quicken only prints checks.  It prints NO tax forms at all.  You could, of course, use Quicken to track any interest you paid so you have the data to enter in a 1099 INT.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018

Snarky answer: yes, you can send out any form you want.

More serious: I believe Quicken only prints checks.  It prints NO tax forms at all.  You could, of course, use Quicken to track any interest you paid so you have the data to enter in a 1099 INT.

Again, Immaterial.   I can send out a 1099 whether I have Q or not.

But, the OP wouldn't be asking here if the question wasn't about the abilities of Q.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    The only software that I know of which can "create W-2 and 1099 forms for employees and contractors" (as per the back panel of the CD case) is TurboTax Home & Business

I do not know, however, if data you entered into your Quicken data file can / will be exported to TurboTax H&B or if you will have to reenter the whole kit and caboodle. Please ask the TurboTax community website for details.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    You would have to use Turbo Tax Quick Employer Forms which is only available by using the online Self Employed version or the Desktop Home & Business program.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/190...

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.