Securities Litigation documentation

Options
Paul Lang
Paul Lang Member ✭✭
edited October 2018 in Investing (Windows)
I often get notice of pending securities litigation on some of my stock holdings.  To file a claim, the request typically asks for certain holding and transaction data from the past.  Is there a report that could prepare this information for me?

Comments

• Roger M
    Roger M Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Paul,
    I would try an Investment Transaction report. Set the date range to "Earliest to Date". Customize the report to include only the security you are interested in. Include "All Accounts" if you have more than one account that may have held that security. Subtotal by year for easier viewing.
    Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription **** Windows 10 Home *** Quicken user since 1996
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Roger M said:

Paul,
    I would try an Investment Transaction report. Set the date range to "Earliest to Date". Customize the report to include only the security you are interested in. Include "All Accounts" if you have more than one account that may have held that security. Subtotal by year for easier viewing.

Roger's solution is exactly what I do.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Paul Lang
    Paul Lang Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Thank you Roger, but I already use this approach.  I was looking to see if someone had a more dedicated report to meet this need or - hopefully - give a hint to Quicken to develop one.  All of these suits request the same four pieces of data:  holdings as of a specific date; purchases between a certain period; sales between a certain period; and holdings as of a second date.  Sure would be nice to have a default report to do that.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Paul Lang said:

Thank you Roger, but I already use this approach.  I was looking to see if someone had a more dedicated report to meet this need or - hopefully - give a hint to Quicken to develop one.  All of these suits request the same four pieces of data:  holdings as of a specific date; purchases between a certain period; sales between a certain period; and holdings as of a second date.  Sure would be nice to have a default report to do that.

Why do you need a default report ... when the customized Transaction report that you've already created works so well?  Isn't it "Investment Transactions" that are being asked for?

• Paul Lang
    Paul Lang Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Paul Lang said:

You are right - all of the source data is available.  The litigation requests are not simply a list of transactions but all the requested data is there.   I'm looking for a "one step" report that will layout the data in the format requested in the litigation documents. 

That may be more than Quicken can do.  I'm currently working on an Excel report that takes the Quicken extract and reformats it into a report I can just print out and submit as is.

I was just hoping someone had already solved it for me.  Was worth a try.

Thanks for your time and input.

Paul
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Paul Lang said:

I'm looking for a "one step" report that will layout the data in the format requested in the litigation documents.

I've been a party to several securities litigations ... and I've never seen them ask for the transaction info in the same format.  

I think your desire could never be fulfilled with a Q report... you'll always need to transcribe from the Q Report to whatever format is required.

This discussion has been closed.