Extracting Qmac '18 data file from Time Machine

Options
Jeff44@
Jeff44@ Member ✭✭
I recently needed to retrieve a backup copy of my Qmac 18 premier data file from TM
The backups are stored in the ~/user library in the application support folder which is hidden. How is this accessed from TM. My investigation indicates this can be accomplished from the command line which I have not used. Is there a simple way of retrieving these files from TM. Because of this issue I have now placed  my Quicken file in my  user documents folder.
Thanks  jeff

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Jeff, it's actually easier than you think, and you can do it right from the Finder -- you just have to do things in the right order. First, open the user Library folder (by holding down Option and selecting Library from the Go menu). Open Application Support. NOW, open Time Machine. It will open showing the same Application Support folder going back in time, and you can navigate backwards as far as you want to find an older version of the file(s)/folder(s) you want to restore.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Jeff44@
    Jeff44@ Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Yes.   very simple.  it works.  problem solved .  thanks so much for the help

jeff
This discussion has been closed.