Future Stock Awards showing in Investment Totals after 5.8 on Mac

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited May 2022 in Investing (Mac)
I loaded the 5.8 release of Quicken for Mac this morning and future stock awards are now showing in current Investment totals, but shouldn't be.  (I have an account set up where my stock awards from my company are entered with the future award dates based on vesting schedule, but they aren't vested yet and shouldn't show as part of current investments owned.)  

Previous versions of Quicken for Mac interpreted the future dating correctly and did not show these shares as current investments but something broke in 5.8.  I also can't find a filter or anything to exclude these future vesting awards from totals so I have to think this is a new bug.  

Anyone else seeing this?

Comments

• Ken137
    Ken137 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    *maybe* related issue is that after the 5.8 release, I am back to having incorrect totals for investment accounts, where latest downloads are not calculating in the summary and totals.  If I duplicate those downloaded records, then delete the downloaded versions, it totals correctly.  

(not trying to hijack the thread, but it seems like the two issues could be related)
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Hi Ken.

All of my future dated entries were manually entered so I don't think it's the same issue.  That said though, I did delete all my manual entries and re-enter them to see if that fixed because it was a good idea to try.  Unfortunately it didn't correct the problem. I also just took the 5.8.1 version and the issue still exists.  My only choices at this point are just manually subtract the value of future shares in my head to get portfolio value or delete the placeholder future records.  Really wish Quicken would fix this though.  Has to be a bug.

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Hey Kevin,

Sorry, you're experiencing this difficulty.

Are you seeing this issue in any other accounts?

If unsure, can you try creating a future transaction in a checking account and see if that is registering incorrectly as well?

If so, please follow https://www.quicken.com/support/install-or-uninstall-quicken-mac to uninstall and reinstall.

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018

Hey Kevin,

If unsure, can you try creating a future transaction in a checking account and see if that is registering incorrectly as well?

If so, please follow https://www.quicken.com/support/install-or-uninstall-quicken-mac to uninstall and reinstall.

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka

Hi Tyka.

I just how got a chance to try it. It didn’t happen when I added a future transaction to a savings account but did happen when I added a future dated transaction to another investment account.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Quicken and that didn’t resolve the issue either unfortunately.

Anything else you want me to try?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018

Hey Kevin,

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka

Hi Tyka.

I added a future dated transaction to a savings account and the problem didn’t happen but it did happen when I added a future dated transaction to another investment account.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Quicken and that didn’t resolve the issue. Anything else you want me to try?

Thanks.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    @QuickenTyka - Also, another strange thing it's doing- On the mobile app all of my banking and credit card accounts show correct balances but when I click on the Banking & Credit tile off the main screen, the "Today's Balance, Online Balance and Projected Balance" totals at the top of the details screen include the market value of my house, which I have in Quicken as an asset.

To this point I have deleted and reinstalled quicken on my phone many times, deleted and reinstalled it on my Mac and also opened up a backup file so i could completely delete my cloud data.  Then I went back into my main Qdata file and re-loaded cloud data from scratch. Same result for the stock issue on this thread plus this one.
This discussion has been closed.